Chapter four

____7pm15

Haechan was now sitting in the living room, waiting. He was looking at the clock in the living room and was wondering if Mark will be there soon. He said he would be home by 7pm and now it was past 7pm. He began to feel stressed and suddenly heard a noise. He jumped because he'd heard the door open. He got up suddenly and ran up the stairs to hide in his room.
Mark had just entered the house. His day had been tiring, but he was eager to find out more about Haechan. Now he was in the living room but there was no one there. He wondered if Haechan had spent the whole day in his room.
He sat down on the couch and waited. Then, some time later, he decided to call Haechan.
- I'm home. Haechan
No answer. That worried him. So he decided to go upstairs to see the boy. He knocked on the door and suddenly Haechan opened.
- Mark! Said Haechan
Oh Mark, you're here!
- Yes... I'm home. You look happy to see me
- Umm.. it's not that...ummm
- It's okay. Come downstairs, I think we need to talk.
- Oh... all right.
They went down to the living room and Mark began asking the same questions as the day before.
- I know your name, but I'd like to know more.
- Mhm..
- How old are you?
- But why should I tell you, is it necessary?
- It is, tell me
- I'm 21
- Now what did those people who were after you want from you?
- What people? I don't know what you're talking about.
- You really don't wanna tell me then?
- ...
- It's okay, I understand. We hardly know each other.
- ...
- You can tell me when you're feeling better about me.
- Mmm, yeah
- So, what did you do today? You must have been bored
- Yes, I did! I spent the day in bed and... wait
- Yes?
- You haven't told me how old you are.
- Oh, why should I?
- Oh really?
Haechan got up and said he wanted to go back to his room. Mark got up and grabbed his hand.
- wait! I'll tell you
Haechan removed his hand from Mark's.
- I don't want to know anymore
- But...
- I'm tired... I'd like to go back to my room, excuse me...
But why is he like this, thought Mark.

Back in his room, Haechan blamed himself for the way he'd behaved. Mark didn't do anything wrong. He'd been so nice to him, and he'd just behaved badly. He felt bad, so he thought about apologizing. He went back downstairs to the living room. But there was no one. Mark must be in his room, he thought. So he went to Mark's room and knocked on the door, but no one answered. He went back to the living room and decided to wait.

An hour later, the living room door opened and Mark was back. Haechan jumped to his feet.
- Oh, there you are. I went out to buy some food I thought you might be hungry.
- ...
- Come on, let's eat.
- Mark...
- Yes?
- I'm so sorry about earlier. You're so nice to me and you take such good care of me and you don't even know me and I'm just so ungrateful. I'm so sorry.
- Hey...you don't have to apologize. It's my fault. I teased you.
- Yeah, but I shouldn't have gotten mad about it... I'm so sorry.
- Shh
- ...
- Come on, you must be starving! I am too haha
- Oh... coming
So they sat down at the table and began to eat. A deep silence reigned, and no one dared break it. Then suddenly Mark said:
- I'm 24
Haechan looked up at him and smiled
- what's wrong? Mark asked.
- Nothing, thanks for telling me
- of course
Moments later, they had finished eating. Mark wanted to clean up, but Haechan asked him to leave it to him. Mark was so good to him that he wanted to help too. Mark thanked him and went up to his room.

Later that evening, Haechan was in his room thinking about a lot of things. He wanted to talk to Mark but didn't know where to start. He figured that sooner or later he'd have to talk to him and answer his questions. It made him uncomfortable to have to talk to him. He hardly knew him and what would he think of him... It was on these thoughts that he fell asleep a few minutes later.

__________