Chapter three

The next morning Mark woke up very early and cooked breakfast. He didn't usually make breakfast, but now that he had a guest, he figured he'd be hungry. After he'd finished and got ready for work, he knocked on Haechan's door to wake him up.
- Hello, can I come in?
- ... yes," replied Haechan in a shy voice.
- I figured you must be starving... I've got to get to work, but I've made breakfast for you. When you're ready, go downstairs and eat something please . I'm going to be late, I can't stay.
- Oh... thanks but you shouldn't have...
- It's okay, you're my guest
- ...thank you very much, sir
- You can call me Mark, Haechan
- Umm ... yes Mark
- I'll be back at 7pm
- ...
- Don't worry, you're safe here. I've got to go
Haechan didn't have time to reply as Mark had already left.

Some time later, Haechan left his room and went downstairs to the living room. He found a table so full and so pretty. He was so hungry he jumped on it. He thought he was really lucky to have met someone so nice. When he'd finished eating, he tidied up the table and washed the dishes, then went back to his room. Mark had told him he was safe, but he knew what he'd done, and he knew that the people after him could easily find him. He shuddered at the thought. He jumped into bed and got under the blanket . He thought:
- I hope time passes quickly so that Mark can get home, I don't feel safe when I'm alone in this gigantic place.

_________1pm
Mark was at office but he just couldn't focus on his work. He wondered if Haechan was all right. He thought about his face over and over again, not knowing why. Then he decided to check if everything was all right at home, so he called at his house, hoping someone would answer.
*beeeep...beeeep ...beeep
Mark waited, hoping the boy would answer.
At home, from his room, Haechan heard the phone ring. He ran down the stairs to the phone. He was about to pick it up, but then hesitated.
- Mark's not here and this isn't my house, am I allowed to pick up the phone?
The phone continued to ring

I'll just say Mark's not in," he thought, then picked up.
- ...yes..
- Haechan?
- Mark!
- Yes, it's me. Are you all right?
- Oh... yes...
- I'm just calling to see if you're okay, I was a little worried.
- Oh...
- Yes.. mmm
- I'm fine, thanks for checking on me.
-It's normal ... mmm...I'll go now, I've got work to do
- Okay... bye
- I'll be back soon, take care.

Haechan hung up the phone and suddenly felt better. The fear he'd felt suddenly disappeared and he felt safe once again.

Mark, after that call had a smile on his face that he didn't understand himself. Hearing the boy's voice made him feel good. He didn't understand why, but the feeling was pleasant. He stopped thinking about it and got back to work, eager to get home and learn more about the mysterious boy.

___________