The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch44

We must have drifted off to sleep as I awoke to the bright piercing, morning sun. I shifted in my bed until I realized my surroundings. I was in my room, in my bed. I felt and heard breathing beside me. I tuned my head and realized Cole was lying down next to me on the bed. I had my back to him as his hand was around my waist. I could hear his steady breathing, signalling he was still asleep.

I tried to get up as softly as I could without shaking the bed too much. I finally got up after many hesitant minutes and softly walked over to my closet where I chose my outfit.

I had a quick shower and got changed and did my hair before I quietly opened my bathroom door. There he was, back towards me, bare back.

He was trying to lift up his shirt but his singlet caught and came up with it. His back was extremely muscular.

I sneaked up behind him and put my hands on his eyes. ‘Guess who?’ I asked in a funny voice.

‘Um… let me guess. Carole? Joanna? Alexis? Oh wait no it’s… Becca right?’ he asked in his serious voice. I let go of his eyes and crossed them angrily. He turned around with a smirk on his face ‘Oh Avery… it’s you! I had no clue.’

‘Drop the charade smart ass.’ I said as I marched over and dropped my pj’s onto my desk angrily.

I felt strong, muscular arms wrap around my waist as he rested his head on my shoulder and nibbled on my ear ‘Did I upset you honey? I’m sorry… I was joking.’ He said seriously.

‘Whatever’ I mumbled as he spun me around and planted a kiss on my lips and leaned out before I had time to kiss him back.

‘Anyways… what are you doing today? Wanna open your presents and I’ll watch?’ he asked, pretending the last 5 minutes hadn’t happened.

‘OK’ I said softly as I looked up and met his gaze. He gave a warm smile ‘You sure you’re not going to be distracting me?’ I asked playfully.

‘I’ll try my hardest hun.’ He answered back as he took my hand and led me to my stack of gifts.

‘I really don’t like presents…’ I said truthfully.

‘So you didn’t like my present?’ he asked with a frown.

‘Of course I liked your present! I loved it.’ I said.

‘I know… I just wanted to hear you say it.’ He said as I sighed and shook my head at him before walking over to my presents and kneeling on the ground.

‘Here hun, this one.’ Cole said as he handed me a random packaging.

32 presents later and my room was full of the most random of stuff.

I had received 5 different types of perfumes, 7 different types of earring packets, 6 necklaces, 2 dresses, a handful of shirts, some speakers, at least $250 and other accessories.

‘Well this is great.’ I said, only being half sarcastic.

Cole gave me a small smile as he stood up and offered me his hand. I took it without hesitation.

‘I should probably go now…’

I gave a nod before he hesitantly leaned in and kissed me gently. The kiss was only short but it was sweet.

‘I may see you tomorrow but if I don’t then I shall see you in Music Monday.’ He said as we both said our goodbye’s and he left.

The rest of the weekend was fairly normal. It was mainly Meghann, Kiren and myself hanging out.

**

When Monday came Kiren was absent as he was sick and had to stay in bed, so that left me and Meghann.