The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch17

See Avery, you thought you could escape my hold over you…

But guess what… You can’t outsmart me…

I’ve been watching you although you probably assumed I hadn’t because of the lack of text messages…

But you see… you cannot rely on technology, I hope I have at least taught you that.

Your actions tonight were awfully surprising and I just had to text you…

From this night on… it is game on, you better be prepared for what is to come.

Anyway, I’ll be watching x

P.S. I may be closer to you then you may think… Do not trust everybody, looks can be deceiving!

This could not be good! I started hyperventilating as the urge to scream overpowered me as it rung through the Dorm and felt as though it was suffocating.

Couldn’t they leave me alone? God damn it! How could one person make another person’s life so miserable? It wasn’t fair…

I leaped on my bed as my head accidently hit the wooden back of it. A sudden ache spread across my skull as it overpowered me. I screamed out in pain with the sudden amount of weirdness surrounding my already fragile state.

**

The night past with no sleep arriving, my eyes ached with the sleepless state I had been in all day. As I looked over at my Mickey Mouse alarm clock, I realized classes started in an hour; I still had time to get changed and make it in time. I was going to put on a brave face and keep a very high guard as I was really… really scared.

45 minutes later and I was on my way to Music, feeling as paranoid as ever. My head constantly snapped at every little movement going on around me. And soon, my head was beginning to hurt.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed as I froze in my spot.

Look Avery; stop the paranoia before it really starts to get to you

I’ll be watching… and I am! x

He was watching me right now? Where? How? All the questions kept spinning around in my head. I decided I couldn’t stand it anymore and did the unthinkable.

Shakily, my hands glided across my Blackberry.

Look, who are you? Why can’t you just leave me alone?!

I stood still for a while and awaited his response.

Avery, Avery… Let me give you a teeny clue. I am the one who is most closest to you, I know, I know I have practically given it away; but hey… I couldn’t help myself. If you don’t believe me that is fine, I don’t have to convince anyone but… answer me this; If I wasn’t the one most closest to you, would I know about your parents? How they abandoned you… No. Would I know your favourite drink is Diet Coke? Would I know the only reason you came to Northern Bay Academy is because both your aunt and uncle had gotten murdered… cold blood of course? And last of all… would I know about the major crush you have on Mr Ford… Of course not!!

Trust is a very delicate thing… but sometimes it can cause such hurt and pain and ruin a person to their bones… some say it is Satan’s quality…  And whomever may believe such a bizarre thing… are the smartest people in the world.

And Avery, I could never leave you alone my beauty!

I’ll be watching… and I am! x

Kiren?

Kiren!

No, no… it couldn’t be… He would never do something like this to me, he was my best friend. But… if it wasn’t Kiren then how the heck did this person know so much about me? Kiren was my only friend, which meant he was the only person I would have shared this information with…

Tears suddenly stung my eyes as everything had suddenly come up into my mind. That day… that awful day… the day that changed my life!

My eyes were over-flooded by the loneliness of my salty tears as my vision was getting blurry. The minimal light that actually came through the thick coat of tears was like looking at a picture from the 1900’s as time had faded the colour.

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand as I began to walk. I was too weak to do anything other. I just kept one foot in front of the other and kept a slow easy pace, as quick movement might result in fainting which would draw unwanted attention to me… attention I really didn’t need… or want.

I groaned as I felt a sudden light rain make its way down from above as I felt the sudden chill against my face as it slowly began to soak its way down to my jeans.

The sudden change in temperature surprised me as I was starting to get use to the usual humid early Spring air. ‘Great…’ I said out loud as my voice creaked from the previous silence.

A sudden thought came to my head; if that was Kiren the whole time then how’d he get a new number? I suddenly decided to check out my theory and put it to the test.

Hey Kiren, just wanted to say sorry for bailing yesterday…

I texted as I didn’t know what else to write.

I awaited his response as it never came… Maybe I was wrong about Kiren… Maybe it really was him.

I leaned on the closest wall as my body was beginning to lose its balance. It also shielded the rain from my already soaked clothes (and hair!). I took a couple deep breathes as I regained my balance. My light-headedness wasn’t helping either…

Could I go to class today? Was I ready to face everyone, maybe even Kiren? Or would it be easier to chicken out? I guess my legs decided to make the choice for me as I swiftly turned on my heels and continued back to my dorm (it was going to be a long walk considering I had walked nearly all the way to music).

I felt another pair of eyes on me as I looked around in a daze. I couldn’t see anyone… or well considering the rain was fogging the beautiful Northern Bay surroundings… I guess I couldn’t see anyone obvious.

The next few seconds went by in a blur as the memory seemed foreign.

As soon as my head was snapped back around to its original position, I felt a sudden grip form around my upper arm as its coldness was unbearable (yes, even colder than the rain… and that said something) as they suddenly pulled me down and the next thing I knew, I was being pushed into the bushes as the twigs scratched my skin on the way down, leaving many painful lines deep enough to stick a finger through (OK fine… I was exaggerating, but you get my point). My eyes shut instantly as the fear of getting a stick through my eye was unbearable. I began to scream as the sound echoed the misty courtyard of the Academy. But I was cut short as a sudden hand was pressed up against my mouth as I squirmed vigorously and intensely; hoping to shake whomever was on top of me.

I then felt their head move down to my ear as he kissed it before pulling out a bit and whispering Shh in what must have intended to be gentle. I opened my eyes as I couldn’t bear as the curiosity got the better of me. I was expecting to meet Kiren’s familiar gaze as the earlier information had given me reason to believe all evidence pointed to him.

But instead… was met by those deadly chilling blue eyes. The eyes of a monster!