The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch21

Cole Ford’s POV

Breathe Cole, breathe! I kept trying to tell myself. She’s going to be fine!

It was hard sitting here in the hospital chair as she lay there, unmoving on the hospital bed. How could she have done this to herself? Avery would never purposely try and kill herself; well… at least I never would have thought so. God damn it!

She looked peaceful, but for all I know she could be having a war going on in her head.

And the letter… Oh the letter. Who in the right mind would send a teenager girl that kind of letter? And who the hell is “You know who”? All these questions were circulating my mind.

I slowly walked up to her bed and stroked her cheek. I couldn’t stand to look at her like this. Why her?

‘Avery… what have you gotten yourself into?’ I asked out loud to myself.

‘I-I don’t know…’ she answered back in a weak, fragile voice.

I almost jumped back as she surprised me. ‘Avery-‘ I tried to say as she cut me off ‘-w-where am i?’

‘Shh… you need to rest.’ I tried to say, needing to comfort her. By now, my hand was back at my side.

She stayed quiet as her eyes were still closed, but I could tell by her breathing that she was awake and awaiting my response. I let out a heavy sigh as I finally answered her question ‘You, you’re at the hospital.’

Avery Blake’s POV

I could say I was in a complete mess…

My head felt as though it was going to blow up. Where am i? What had happened? I couldn’t remember!

I felt a sudden warm, soft touch on my cheek as I kept still, not knowing what to do.

‘Avery… what have you gotten yourself into?’ asked that too familiar voice.

‘I-I don’t know…’ I answered back as my voice was crackly.

I felt him flinch as he moved his hand away ‘Avery-‘ he tried to say but I cut him off, needing answers ‘W-where am i?’

‘Shh… you need to rest.’ He said slowly.

I stayed silent as I didn’t know what else to say. I heard him sigh before he answered my previous question ‘You, you’re at the hospital.’ The hospital? How, why?

I slowly opened my eyes as shock past through me. ‘W-what happened?’ I asked desperately.

‘You don’t remember?’ he asked. I gave a swift shake of my head. ‘Oh… well you um… ran out of my classroom and um I tried to come after you and you just kept running. I obviously followed you but I didn’t make it in time… I’m so sorry Avery; I should’ve stopped you before it got out of hand.’ He looked down as he felt ashamed. It wasn’t his fault!

‘Wait…’ everything was finally coming back to me ‘the, the letter and I remember me running out of your classroom and then when you, you came out I didn’t want to talk to you so i-I ran to my room. I felt angry and, and sad and scared! It was happening again, I didn’t want it to happen to me again! And then all my emotions were overwhelming so i… Oh god I cut myself!’ I said as I started panting and I felt the tears forming in my eyes.

‘Avery… who did this? Whose “You know who”?’ he asked anxiously.

Wait, how did he… oh god he read the letter!

‘No, no, no! The letter… where-‘ I tried to say as he cut me off ‘-is this it?’ he asked as he handed me a piece of paper. I took it from him as I stared at it, without opening it. It was a bit bloody but not much…