The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch22

I awoke to the sound of knocking on my door. I let out an annoyed sigh as I got up off of my bed and marched to my door. I opened to see an anxious Kiren standing there as he jumped onto me and gave me the biggest hug ever, trying to avoid my wrist.

He finally pulled out as he kept me at arms distance ‘Oh my god Avery, thank god you’re OK. I was so worried. Did Mr Ford tell you we visited? I’m sure he did, oh thank god he was there to save you. What happened? Why did you do it? Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry about my pointless blabber, I’m just so glad you’re OK now!’ he said as he was close to losing his breath.

‘Ha Ha… calm down Kiren, I’m alright now, you can chillax!’ I said with a playful smile.

‘Chillax, Avery? Seriously…?’ he said as we both shot up in laughter. ‘Oh, I’m going to be late to Music… too bad you’re going to miss out-‘ he said with a wink as he continued ‘-but um I see you’re not coming, well take a day’s rest and I’ll talk to you later. In which time you shall tell me what the heck happened! OK bye babe…’ he said as he kissed me on the cheek and turned on his heel and walked off, closing the door on the way out.

I gave a lonely sigh as I went back to bed.

Surprisingly, I actually managed to fall back to sleep as I awoke at 3:00… wow.

I felt that feeling you feel sometimes when you think you’re missing something or you forgot something… Wait! Oh god, I had my Piano lesson with Mr Ford!

I instantly shot up from my bed as I put on the nearest clothes I could manage to grab at.

I looked down at myself and realized I was wearing a pair of mini shorts (the ones that are that short they show your pockets down the bottom) and a black tank top. Great. Mr Ford was going to see me like this?

I didn’t have enough time to change as I quickly ran a brush through my hair as its natural waves shone through. I then quickly checked myself out in my mirror.

My fiery brownie-red wavy hair looked good enough as did my clothes.

I had a quick look at my Mickey Mouse alarm clock as it read 3:20. That was going to be just enough time to get down to C-Block.

As I fastened my walk, I realized I felt completely energized as the amount of sleep I had had was just enough to wash out the exhaustion.

I heard the bell ring throughout the school as kids began to come running out of their classes. Some had given me strange looks, and some had even managed to give me looks of sympathy as they must have heard what had happened. Does everyone know? I asked myself.

‘I’m here, I’m here!’ I shouted as I ran through the classroom door to come face to face with Mr Ford. He gave me a smirk before stepping back.

‘Didn’t think you were up to it Ms Blake. Did you get some sleep?’ he asked with a devilish smile.

I checked him out as I found the perfect opportunity as he stood there right in front of me. He was wearing his usual skinny jeans, but this time they were a washed out black colour. He also had on a short sleeved, plain washed out green shirt.

He cleared his throat as I mentally slapped myself. ‘Oh yeah, yeah I did.’ I said as I tried to cover it up with a smile.

‘Shall we get to it?’ he asked as I gave a small nod before he turned and walked over to the big, black grand piano in the corner of the room. He sat on the bench that was (luckily) big enough for two. He motioned me forward as I slowly walked up to the beauty of the piano.

I hesitantly sat on the bench, as far over as I could manage as I didn’t want Mr Ford to feel awkward with the contact.

‘OK, I know I might be asking a lot but this lesson shall go for 2 hours.’ I gave a nod as my gaze was on the keys, not wanting to look up.