The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch29

Corbin Samuels POV

As I left the Cabin and double checked the multiply locks I had smartly placed onto the doors 3 years ago… I remembered it like it was yesterday. Jenna, wasn’t it? Eh… I forget. It doesn’t really matter though; she’s long gone. I thought to myself with a smile creeping itself onto my features.

I took in my surroundings as the darkness made the Australian Bush that much more secretive and mysterious. I missed the good old times, spending them out here before I stupidly enough went back to America, where things led me to be forcefully sustained.

(LetMeThink= you will find out about the mysteries of his past later on)

But one problem kept circulating through my mind; what was I going to do about Avery? If not nourished thoroughly, then she will lack strength which would make her no use to me.

I looked at my watch as it read 1:39, and I was planning on being back just after sunset.

I knew exactly where to go before then.

Jim Maletos (Principle) POV

‘No I want a damn police officer now! Don’t you get it? We have a crises which involves a 17 year old girl, god damn it!’ I yelled angrily at the stubborn secretary.

‘I understand that gentlemen and I told you we will get somebody out here as soon as there is somebody free. Just wait over there and I will call you over when there is a vacancy.’ She demanded angrily as she shooed us away.

I looked over at Cole whose expression was horrified. I expected him to do something, anything but his face dropped and he looked defeated.

He was putting on more emotion to this girl then I would have thought. Was there something I didn’t know about? Was he telling the truth in the beginning? Were things really as they seemed?

All these questions were circulating my mind as I was getting more and more sleep deprived with every passing hour. I thought I will sort out these little issues later, after the poor girl gets found.

We tiredly walked over to the many available seats as we were the only ones in the waiting room. What could be so important that would take up the whole available police force? I guess there would be only a handful of cops in at 2 in the morning.

As my butt hit the hard material of the chair, I let out a big huff of air as I rested my head frustratingly against the wall.

20 minutes later and we were finally in an interview room. The interview room scared me as it made me feel like a criminal.

10 minutes later, we (or well Cole) had explained the full story (or what I hoped to be the full story) as we were leaving the police station as the cold hit us instantly. They had told us there wasn’t much they could do so far as it hadn’t been 24 hours yet. They also said with the amount of evidence we had to support the kidnapping and her mobile and the letter (which Cole had luckily brought with him), they could charge and lock up Corbin if found. But without finding Avery, he would only get a light slap on the wrist.

Finding Avery would help the case… hopefully alive rather than dead; but for that we had to wait a couple more hours. Even then it would be hard to know where to start.

Cole Ford POV

My insides were causing me such great pain as I couldn’t believe the police. Bottom line, they couldn’t do anything about it yet… maybe ever.

I was going to find that prick and force him to tell me where Avery, I just hoped I could control myself if I ever faced Corbin again…

If I ever got my hands around his little neck, I would do to him what he was doing to Avery; causing her pain.

But right now, we didn’t know where to start.

Avery Blake’s POV

I hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep as the anxiety was overwhelming. When the sun finally began to rise, little amount of sunlight began to seep into the Cabin.

I sat on the little dirty mattress, diary in hand.

I looked it over without opening it. I could see it was originally a pink leopard colour with fluffy fur. But now, it was no more than a dirty pink colour. The fluffiness was long gone, as its fur clung to each other (or what was left of it). In big black letter, on the cover write Little Princess.

I hesitated before I unlatched the little broken lock as I placed it onto the ground beside me before turning back to the diary I was so interested in.

My fingers clung to the edge of the book as I turned it with plenty of hesitation, being careful enough, hoping the book wouldn’t just fall apart in my hands.

The pages were stained and looked old and used. They had a tinge of brown throughout the book. But I could still make out the words.

Jenna Capriss

Age 12

Crystal Shore Elementary

It read as the writing was a bit sloppy. I flipped to about the 10th page.

June 13, 2009

Dear Diary
Today at school was completely boring. My teacher, Miss Lencey, went on about the most random of things.
I had a fight with Bella today. She kept giving me dirty looks; and I couldn’t take it so I snapped at her which brought on a whole load of crap. Our group is now split in half! What am I going to do to fix it? After all I was the one who snapped… but then again she gave me dirty looks!

Anyways I have to go, I have SOO much homework… ew!
Love, Jenna x

It seemed like a basic, 12 year old girl’s diary. I turned the page as the sudden contrast and scenery in my head changed about this girl as I began to read.

June 18, 2009

It has been 4 days since Corbin has kidnapped me. I managed to hide my diary with me when he came and took me. I was so scared!

Corbin has dark, dark hair and cold blue eyes. He is only a couple of years older than me but he treats me like a child.

He was my neighbour for 2 months. I always went by his house to and from school. I always thought he was hot. He always looked at me, it made me weak inside. When he would wink at me, that made my knees want to fall under my weight.

Then one day I was coming from school and he grabbed me and then everything went black. I woke up not long after in this Cabin type thing.

He has come and visited me a couple of times. And he even kissed me. He tried to touch me in places but I didn’t feel comfortable and I kept trying to push him off.
It would happen every time he would come.

I always tried to scream for help but nobody would ever come. Corbin would just laugh at me and pat my head before he walked out.

I would be left alone and the whole time it would be spent crying. I felt like a baby but I couldn’t help it. Every time he came back, I was scared of what he would do.

I leave my diary hidden under the mattress, right in the middle. I kept imagining in my head what it would be like if he found it one day. I hope that day never comes. And I hope one day, somebody would find me.

I think I heard a sound outside, I have to go. I’m scared!

I felt tears in my eyes as I read her diary entry. So, I wasn’t the only girl that Corbin had kidnapped? What had happened to this girl? Did she make it out? And didn’t Corbin come from America? If he had come from America then how had he managed to kidnap this girl 3 years ago?

All these questions that nonstop circulated my mind were put to a stop as I heard a rattling outside. I instantly shoved the diary to the centre of the bottom of my mattress.

I started shaking as the fear was enveloping me.

If I was lucky, it was just a Squirrel or something!

But luck was not my side as I suddenly heard the rattling of the locks came to life before Corbin came through the door.