The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch43

‘Avery… I know Mr Ford loves you… and that you also love him.’

I didn’t try to deny it ‘H-h-how did you know?’ I asked hesitantly, looking away from his gaze.

‘When you went missing, we talked and he explained everything to me… why didn’t you tell me? You know you can trust me right?’ he asked sounding genuinely hurt.

I looked up to meet his gaze ‘I-I’m sorry Kiren… I was scared your opinion of me would change… B-but I think you got it wrong… Mr Ford doesn’t love me… it’s only a one way thing.’

Kiren gave a low chuckle as I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. ‘Are you that oblivious to your surroundings Avery? He loves you… he was genuinely scared when you were kidnapped. Answer me this Avery, if he didn’t love you then would he have seriously gone to the end of the world and back in search for you? He was the reason we managed to find you… before it was too late.’

My jaw dropped at Kiren’s conclusion. To tell the truth, I had never actually thought about it like that… but he couldn’t, could he?

**

I slowly hummed to myself as I was the last remaining form of life not sleeping right now. I was seated on one of the tree logs that surrounded the last remaining minutes of the dying bonfire.

I could feel the heat radiating off of it as it warmed me and made me feel relaxed.

There were still little bits of sparks heard from the warm fire; but I could say they were soon to be inaudible.

The party really was great… I never knew how many friends I had before but could I really call these people my friends? They probably just felt sorry for me and all…

I let out a sigh of frustration as I put a hand through my hair in annoyance of my pestering thoughts.

I heard a muffle to my right before someone took a seat right next to me; close enough that my whole right side was touching with their whole left side. I looked up to meet those sweet, chocolate brown eyes I missed so greatly.

‘What’s bugging you hun?’ he asked kindly.

I gave a half smile before answering ‘Nothing… just thinking.’

He stayed silent as I could see the mental inner war he was having internally. I looked away to stop my gawking.

Throughout the party, he gave me slight smiles but we never really spoke… until now.

‘Did you… did you uhh have fun tonight?’ he asked as his accent was like candy to my ears, my ecstasy.

I looked back at him with my forehead raised ‘That’s what you wanted to ask me?’

‘No… I just wanted to keep you company.’ He said truthfully.

‘Well I’m a big girl… I can keep myself entertained.’

‘Oh… did you want me to go?’ he asked with the good-ol smirk of his.

I punched him in the arm softly before returning my hand to my lap ‘I didn’t think I was really that easy to get rid of you… huh; good to know.’ I said, returning his smirk.

‘You don’t want to get rid of me do you? I’m sure I make your day.’

‘Touché.’ I said as I poked my tongue out at him before turning away from him to face the dying pit of fire.

‘Beautiful isn’t it?’ I asked softly.

He was silent for a minute before he replied ‘Yes… you are.’ As soon as the words left his mouth, I felt a sudden blush spread across my features as I turned my head to attempt to hide my embarrassment.