The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch5

Chapter 5

As I sat there on top of my desk, guitar on lap, pen in hand; I put my mind to thinking mode as I tried to find a certain topic.

I put my pen down as I decided to play the first thing that came to my head, hoping it would give me some inspiration.

As I strummed Eye of the Tiger, humming the lyrics; I heard someone clear their throat as I looked up and met Mr Ford’s gaze.

‘Sir?’ I asked curiously.

‘Ms Blake, although I must say, that is very commendable; I must advice you to get on the task as you only have 2 weeks to complete it. Although someone with as much talent as you might not think to worry, I encourage that you start.’ He commented as I blushed by his remark.

‘Of course… Mr Ford, sir… and um thank you I guess, but I wouldn’t say I have that much of an advantage as I barely have much talent for this…’ I answered.

‘Ms Blake, you underestimate yourself.’ he replied with an encouraging smile before he walked away.

My cheeks flushed bright red as my head grew that much bigger… great!

Half an hour later and the bell rung its way over to us as I hadn’t written a word nor thought of an idea. At least we had 2 weeks… and I guess I had a secret weapon, my guitar; which was leaning against my TV stand in my dorm room. It was bright pink and had a Metallic blue and black pattern and it was my life. As teenagers usually relied on their Cell phones, I replied on my guitar.

Then I suddenly remembered I had to stay behind! Aghh!

As soon as everyone was out of the room, I walked up to Mr Ford’s desk where he was conveniently reading a British Novel. He looked up at my approach as a smirk made its way onto his face.

‘You wanted to see me Mr Ford, sir?’ I asked anxiously, hoping I wouldn’t get into trouble of any kind.

‘Now yes, Ms Blake. You were late to my class by a good ten minutes. What should I do with you now? You see Ms Blake-‘but I cut him off ‘Uhh… sir, just call me Avery…’ I said embarrassingly.

‘Ahh, okay then Avery… As I was saying, you’re making quiet a bad habit in my class by the constant disruptions of sorts. Is there a reason? Because I’m sure you don’t do it in every class…’ he spoke in his confident voice.

I felt my cheeks fluster bright red as I looked down at my feet as he snickered beside me. Then there was silence which in fact was as awkward as it sounded.

After about  two minutes of this I finally looked up and met his gaze. ‘I-I am so sorry Mr Ford! I-I woke up late and, and you’re right; I don’t do this in all of my classes, in fact I’m actually quite good, I don’t know wh-what’s wrong with me… I don’t mean to be like this in your class. I can transfer possibly if you want-‘I said anxiously as he cut me off ‘Ms Blake, calm down. I understand. I’m just advising you clean up your act as you’re giving me the wrong impression, and I can see by looking at you that you’re not usually like this. And as for transferring, no; that would be a waste of your talent and I would not have that. Just promise me Avery, try very hard, and if you pull off this task I am asking of, then that would put my opinion of you higher Ms Blake. I really want to see you do well…’

I took a deep breath as my cheeks went red once again. Why was I continuously flustering in front of him? I never usually did that in front of guys, especially ones as good looking- no! Not a good thought to have of your teacher, no. That would be disgusting and wrong. He thinks I’m a kid probably… as I actually kind of was.

‘Ms Blake?’ he asked curiously in his usual British accent before chuckling. I then blushed, once again!

‘Oh… sorry. And, and I will try h-harder i-I promise Mr Ford. And, and why do you care if I do well?’ I stuttered nervously.