The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch25

My eyes flustered open as the sudden bright, piercing light of a late Sunday morning enveloped me. I let out a big yawn as a sudden agonizing spike of pain flooded my head. I yelped in pain as my hands automatically went to my head. I sat up on the edge of the bed as my hands gripped onto my head.

 ‘Here, drink this.’ said that awfully familiar voice. I looked up and met those brown, almond shaped eyes as he placed the pill in my hand and handed over the glass of water. I nodded in thanks as I stuffed it down my throat before taking a sip of the water.

I handed him back the glass of water as I looked around and realized where I was for the first time. I had only been here once before… but what was I doing here? And what the heck happened last night?

He sat beside me as he must have seen my anxiously confused expression. ‘W-what happened last night?’ I said softly as the pain in my head was getting stronger.

He let out a sigh before I could see him clench his jaw. He looked straight at me before he spoke ‘You… Avery you got drunk last night. Why would you do such a stupid thing?’ he said hysterically.

I groaned ‘Well that explains my headache but… that doesn’t explain why I’m here!’ I said as I avoided his other question. I looked away as his eyes were too much. ‘Because Avery, I found you last night wondering the school; obviously drunk. I was worried about your wellbeing so I carried you here and we um… spoke for a while.’ He said as he continued to stay still. I could feel his gaze on me as I was facing the floor. I started to breathe heavily as I wondered what I might have confessed in my drunken state…

‘Avery… why didn’t you tell me about Corbin?’ he asked, sounding genuinely worried. My head snapped at him before I yelled in hysteria ‘W-what are you talking about?’ I said as I stood up and straightened out my clothes. I realized I was still dressed in the clothes I wore last night.

I headed towards the door angrily as I felt a strong grip on my upper arm before I was pulled around. ‘You know exactly what I am talking about… don’t act dumb.’ He said as his expression remained hard. We were nearly pressed up against each other.

I stood there speechless for a while, looking into his eyes before I spoke ‘You took advantage of my toxication! And… and nobody is going to believe you!’ I said angrily as I tried to squirm out of his grip. It didn’t do much for me as his grip remained intact.

 ‘Avery…’ he said softly as I met his gaze. His face was suddenly kind as he continued ‘I… I had to, you know I did. I was worried about you; I thought you knew you could trust me! And you are forgetting I am a teacher and it is my word against yours… sorry to say. I am not trying to be harsh but what Corbin did to you was unforgivable! I see you around him, you fooled everybody… you seem quite normal around him… If, if I was in your position I would have freaked!’ He admitted as he handed me my phone. I looked up at him with a confused expression ‘W-what are you doing with my phone?’ I said angrily, putting aside his earlier explanation. He put a hand through his hair ‘Um… I am so sorry Avery…’

‘Wait… wait, you took my phone? That is an evasion of privacy; how much did you see?!’

‘I saw everything!’ he shouted, acting as though I was his equal and not another student.

Cole Ford’s POV

‘I saw everything!’ I shouted, and yes, I actually shouted. Right now as she stood in front of me with those weakening eyes but firm gaze, I wanted her to know that right now, she wasn’t my student; no, she was my equal.

Earlier

I let out a frustrated sigh as her eyes shut and her breathing slowed. Great, I had a passed out 17 year old girl which happened to be my student, in my bed… Wouldn’t this be a great on the evening news?