The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch40

Chapter 40

‘Is she nice?’ asked Kiren, wanting to know as much as I knew about the new English teacher; Ms Fletcher as the three of us sat at the back row, awaiting our new English teacher.

‘Well… no… yes… I don’t know! She’s a slut, i guess.’ And just as I said that she happened to walk in.

‘Mind your French Avery. That was your warning.’ announced Ms Fletcher, not even making eye contact with me. I let out a groan of frustration. She was wearing her usual short, tight skirt but in dull pink this time with a tight black, tucked in shirt. Her hair was pinned in a bun as her blue eyes looked piercing.

‘Avery… you’re too hard on her. She’s beautiful… mind the clothing.’ Said Kiren.

I looked over at him and gave him a disgusted look but didn’t say a thing. As for Meghann, she stayed silent, not really caring about the state of our new teacher. She took a strand of her and examined it. ‘EW! I have split-ends!’ she cried out in agony. Me and Kiren looked at her and shot up in laughter. ‘Quiet down! Avery lunch detention!’ Ms Fletcher yelled at me. ‘S-sorry… I have something to do at lunch…’ I nervously announced as Ivy and myself, exchanged a long look. I looked back at Ms Fletcher as her face looked composed. She plastered a fake smile on her face ‘OK, it is alright. After class then.’ She announced again as she turned away to focus her attention on the rest of the class.

She seemed like a fake.

The rest of the class went excessively slow. By the end of the lesson, Kiren and Meghann had smiles on their faces ‘Wow… she’s really nice!’ they both said simultaneously. ‘Whatever…’ I muttered irritatingly as the bell went and I waited for everyone to leave before making my way to the front. She was leaning against her table with a smug look on her face.

‘Avery… this is not a very good first impression you have put forward today. I am very disappointed.’

I bowed my head in shame ‘I’m sorry…’

‘Whatever.’ She said back rudely. My head snapped up at her in confusion. Whatever? I felt like slapping her!

‘What are you looking at?’ my mouth dropped in an O shape. I decided that since I wouldn’t be getting any sensible responses from this slut then I was going to use the power of being a smart-ass.

‘You’re sluttiness.’ I said, saying the last part very quietly.

‘Excuse me?’

‘You’re excused…’

‘Attitude young lady.’ She said in a hiss.

‘You’re the one with the attitude!’ I shouted as I grabbed my bag and marched out of the door in dismay. I heard no protest from her as I continued to break.

**

Two weeks past and I had finally caught up in my missed work. I was proud of myself because not only did I learn Rondo Alla Turca; but I also mastered it!

I had been getting so much shit from Ms Fletcher that it wasn’t funny… She irritated me and drove my nerves crazy! I also had been noticing that she spends most of her spare time flirting with Mr Ford. And that made my hatred of her grow… A LOT.

Meghann and I had also grown fonder of each other as so did her friendship with Kiren. I also develop a friendship from someone I really hadn’t expected… Ivy. She told me a bit about herself as so did i.

**

So here I was, sitting on the stool behind the Piano; getting prepared to perform.

‘Class… quiet down and get ready for Avery!’ announced Mr Ford as he moved to his desk where he sat with a small smile.