The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch3

Chapter 3

The rest of the day went quite quickly. Surprise, Surprise…

As Kiren and i sat alone by the big tree, shading our bodies from the unbearably hot sun & humid air; Kiren was babbling away whilst my mind was elsewhere.

Kiren had stopped hassling me a while ago, after I informed him (many times) nothing happened in music. Of course that still didn’t mean that he believed me… I wouldn’t blame him. But seriously… nothing did happen, so it’s not as if I was hiding something, right?

‘Avery, you’re not listening, are you?’ Kiren said impatiently as I let out a monstrous sigh. ‘I-I’m sorry… I’m just lost in thought, that’s all.’ I responded.

‘Oh, are you now?’ he replied with a cheesy grin spread out on his cute little face. A wondering light beam came through the tree’s as a cloud passed over the sun, making its self known. It hit Kiren’s blue eyes as they sparkled like diamonds making his eyes that much more appealing.

His hand rose almost immediately to cover his eyes as the light bean passed through the tree line, disappearing into the bright light.

Kiren brushed his pale blonde hair out of his face as he continued to eat his sandwich… which I only noticed moments ago.

‘Avery…?’ he said as I shook my head and dug my hands through my backpack in search of my Doritos. As my hand came into contact with the soft plastic that made itself known, I pulled them out just as they popped. Well I guess I wasn’t getting any Doritos anytime soon…

I heard a snicker from Kiren as I turned to face him. ‘Well… that’s what you get for ignoring the almighty Kiren.’ He sang in a song of giggles.

 ‘Oh shut up Kiren! And, and I wasn’t ignoring you!’ I said pleadingly.

‘Okay, okay… calm down Avery.’ Kiren said as the last of his giggles left his mouth.

I was just about to interrupt when the loud, piercing sound of the bell echoed the school grounds.

I looked around and saw people separating from their groups and making their way to their oncoming classes.

‘What do we have now?’ I asked curiously.

‘That would be music…’

‘What? No we already had-‘I tried to say as Kiren interrupted my childish blabber.

‘Haha, I’m joking! Gosh… is there something I’m missing? Well it doesn’t matter; we better get to Maths before Mr Belts suffocates us with his stupid Simultaneous Equations.’

Surprisingly enough, Mr Belts did not suffocate us, but listening to his useless blabber about equations and such, it wouldn’t have made a difference. Either way a small part of me was dying inside.

**

After Math –last period-, Kiren and i went our separate ways as I treaded up to the beauty of the girls dorm room and Kiren practically skipped his way to the plain old guy dorms.

My feet felt as heavy as a stack of bricks whilst I pushed myself further and further until my legs finally hit the top step.

When I finally got my door open, after struggling with the key numerous times as its stubbornness always got in the way, I got my clothes off and changed into some Skinny Jeans and a plain black shirt in record breaking time.

The teachers had given Kiren and i permission to go off campus to the movie theatre as it was only a block away. We were planning on watching I Am Number 4… especially because the Blondie on it was extremely hot; and yes, I’m sure Kiren would agree.