The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch19

‘Stop gawking Ms Blake… Take a seat.’ He said as he gently pushed me to his bed.

‘I-I’m not gawking and I am not sitting on your bed!’ I said sternly.

He ignored me of course and pushed me more effectively.

As my butt came into contact with the softness of his mattress, I almost immediately relaxed my tensely formed body. I sat there whilst Mr Ford was looking around his bathroom for the first aid kit; I looked around in awe as the neatness of his bedroom was unusually surprising. OK, I knew it would be neat… but the perfectly stacked books on the perfectly aligned bookshelf, the keyboard in the corner, the classic untarnished light blue colour on the walls, the neatly lined notebook and pens that were placed on his lightly coloured wooden desk; was actually quite weird if you thought about it. It wasn’t the usual guy room you would imagine it to be; no, definitely not…

I lifted myself off his bed and slowly walked over to the keyboard. My fingers traced the outline of the keys as I felt a sudden hand on my shoulder. I heard the accented voice as he spoke ‘Ms Blake… Come on, sit on the bed and I’ll fix you up.’ The softness of his voice radiated off of him.

I turned to face him as we stared at each other for a while, not realizing the closeness of our bodies. I felt the heat bouncing off of him as it warmed my fragile state.

My eyes were lost in the chocolate brown colour of his own as he looked right back at me with a soft expression. He reached out and stroked my cheek with his soft thumb as a shiver past through me. I ignored it as my eyes were still glued onto his. I was so used to his soft touch upon my cheek as it seemed to be his way of affection.

Then, out of nowhere; his expression hardened until it was almost completely pained. He turned away from me as I heard his uneven breaths.

What had just happened? Breathe… I kept trying to tell myself.

‘Ms Blake, come on…’ he said sternly with his back still to me.

I walked past him as our arms slightly brushed and I hurried to the bed as I took my seat and looked down at my palms which were placed face up on my knees.

I heard Mr Ford clear his throat as I kept staring at my hands, not wanting to look up.

‘MS Blake… look at me, come on.’ He said, using my last name, making it less personal as he went back to teacher mode.

I slowly raised my head until it was level with his eyes as he kneed down beside me. He stroked my cheek again as I realized he had a cotton bud in hand. The stinging began almost immediately as I flinched in pain.

He gave me a sympathetic look as he hesitated before continuing. Five minutes later and he finished up with the cotton buds and reached out and got a handful of Band-Aids.

He ripped off their plastic as he hesitantly placed it on both of my knees before moving onto my wrists as I realized for the first time they were bruised and slightly bleeding. I sucked in a breath as he finished up with the Band-Aids.

‘Anywhere else?’ he asked curiously.

I gave a swift nod before looking away.

‘Where…?’ he asked reluctantly.

I shook my head before I stood up. ‘Don’t worry about it… I’ll be fine.’ I answered back as I headed for the door.

I felt him take hold of my lower arm as he pulled me to a stop. I slowly turned to face him before he gave me a doubtful look. ‘Ms Blake’ is all he said.

I slowly lifted up the bottom of my shirt until it was slightly higher than my belly button. I looked down in amazement and shock as I realized just how bad my injuries were. There upon my pale, flat stomach was numerous forming bruises and an unbearable amount of cuts and blood. Luckily my belly ring was intact, but that didn’t mean it wouldn’t get infected… just what I needed.

I looked up at Mr Ford who was still looking at my cuts and bruises. I felt self-conscious as he was practically staring at my stomach.  He must have noticed my gaze on him as he looked up at me. ‘Avery… it’s OK.’ He said; trying to convince me as my facial expression betrayed me.

I looked to the right as I dropped my head, not wanting to look at him nor my bruises any longer.

I realized he was still gently gripping onto my arm as his touch warmed my insides.

No Avery, he’s your teacher! I kept trying to tell myself as I realized it wasn’t sinking in.

He let go of my arm as it dropped back to my side as he went away and came back momentarily with some more Cotton Buds and Band-Aids. He kneeled beside me as he looked up at my face for confirmation. I gave a swift nod before be gently patted the worse off cuts and before moving on to the scapes.

His free hand brushed my stomach gently, leaving a long line of tingling before he replaced it with his right hand which held the cotton bud. Suddenly, I felt the Cotton bud on my cold pale skin as the burning was overwhelming. I screamed out in pain as Mr Ford jumped up to comfort me. He pulled me in for a hug as he whispered into my ear ‘All finished.’ We stayed that way for a bit before the sobs began coming.

I cried into his shoulder as he rubbed my back hesitantly. When my crying finally dulled to a minimum, he held me at arms distance as he looked into my eyes. I ignored his eyes and looked at his slightly saturated shirt. ‘Your, your shirt…’ I tried to say. He looked down as a smile spread across his face.

‘What?’ I asked weakly.

‘Well… after everything that has happened… you are worried about my shirt. Come on Ms Blake, get with the program.’ He said with a smirk.

I looked away in embarrassment as I didn’t know how exactly to reply. ‘I should… uh, go now.’ I tried to say, not knowing what to think of this… err, situation.

He hesitated before he replied. His face portrayed many emotions, but as soon as one came, it went almost as quick. I frowned as I looked into his eyes.

‘Avery…’

I looked away again as I knew I couldn’t hold his gaze. I knew where this was going and I wasn’t going to spill… no.

He took a step closer to me as I took one back. I knew he could make me confess everything in no time at all, that’s what I was worried about.

My gaze dropped to my feet as his voice indulged me ‘Avery… please.’ is all he said. I could feel the confession rising up but I pushed it back as fast as it came. His hand went to my shoulder as I blushed bright red.

‘I, I have to go. I’ll see you later Mr Ford and um thanks… for everything.’ I stuttered as I fundamentally ran to the door, slipping out without a moment’s hesitation or looking back. I heard my name being called out behind me but proudly ignored it as I ran (or err… came as close to running as I possibly could) down the teachers dorm. Luckily there were neither teachers present nor students once I got outside.

I wondered what time it was. I kept my mind blabber going on as I was trying to distract myself from the day’s earlier events.

Wait, a thought suddenly hit me… What if Corbin was out here right now? Looking at me like a lion stalked its prey. Yes, I was the poor, defenceless deer as much as he was the big bad wolf.

This thought made my walk increase in speed until I was in the safety of my bedroom. I shot up in tears as I was alone once again.