"I'm Ready"

Halle P.O.V.

Well, Chloe and I made it pass ninety days in the all girls high school. The high school we didn't want to go to but ended up loving everything about. It was the place where we became popular, experienced a little bit more freedom, and learned a lot about ourselves. It was a new beginning for us. Exciting...but a bit scary, too...

Chlöe was in a relationship with not one, but two girls. Was she happy? Hell yeah! And no matter how weird people may think three people in a relationship is, Chlöe, Normani, and Lauren are happy being together. They do all the things normal couples do. They go on dates, they text and call each other, they show each other affection, they make love...the only difference is, it's three of them instead of two!

Keeping it a secret from our parents was beginning to get difficult. It wasn't really my dad becoming suspicious though. It was mostly momma! Why do moms always pick up on stuff?! She began to ask why Chlöe was spending the night over at Lauren's so often. First she thought Chlöe and Lauren were sneaking out to see boys. Then, she thought they were maybe sneaking boys into Lauren's garage apartment. But Lauren's mom told her that there was no way in heaven nor hell that Lauren would have the audacity to do any of the above. Even though her mom probably wanted to blurt out, "Girl, both our daughters are gay and they're in love with each other! Get  over it!"

Yes, Lauren's parents and Normani's parents knew all about their "throuple" situation. Only my parents were left in the dark for obvious reasons. Lauren's parents are Muslims, but far more mentally liberated than our parents. My mom's mind started over thinking again, so she asked my sister a question while dropping us off at school one morning...

"Those other two girls y'all hang with...Beyoncé and Onika...I saw Beyoncé kiss Onika on her cheek yesterday. I didn't want to bring it up, but they're not gay are they?!", she asked.

Ok, I know what you all are thinking. Technically, she wasn't over thinking, she was actually guessing correctly. But I still felt like a thirty six year old woman shouldn't be concerned about the sexuality of high school girls. And she shouldn't be concerned about the sexuality of grown women her age either! People need to stop worrying about who's attracted to who and mind their own business in my opinion.

"Momma, do you know a girl can kiss her friend's cheek without being in a lesbian relationship with her? I kissed Courtney's cheek after she won a game before. Doesn't mean she's my girlfriend", Chlöe replied.

"You're right...I guess I should've known Beyoncé wouldn't be gay anyway. She's a pastor's daughter, right?", my mom asked.

So she automatically assumed that because Bey is a Christian and the daughter of a pastor she couldn't possibly like girls...Some people really are clueless...

"Yes, momma....her dad is a pastor", I replied.

"Ok, have a good day at school. Y'all want chilli and cornbread for dinner?", she asked.

My sister and I replied with a cheerful yes...because chilli and cornbread makes us happy! When we entered the school we did our normal routine. Chlöe of course greeted the loves of her life and I greeted Megan. Yes, after three months I was comfortable but still nervous around her a little. I still couldn't look into her eyes without melting. All she did was softly touch my shoulder and the butterflies in my stomach swarmed like crazy!

And of course, Beyoncé and Onika were...Beyoncé and Onika!

"Babe, I promise you I will fuck a bitch up!", Onika exclaimed.

So the problem was, Onika had everybody at the school scared to look at or flirt with Beyoncé. But a new girl came to the school and she really didn't give a fuck about Bey being the girlfriend of the school's "basketball star". She liked Beyoncé and she didn't hide it at all!