21

Levi was in disbelief that he was here again, blissfully wrapped up in her. He could pinpoint the moment he knew that he would crumble again, seeing her run outside in hopes that he wouldn't catch a glimpse, but he did. 

Surprised was an understatement of how he felt when he did see her for the first time in a while, the rage that poured from her when she let it be known how she felt during that call was a moment that would be forever etched in his mind. He wasn't expecting such a tirade of expletives from what was really a misunderstanding at best.

'I should've kept fucking you' had him rattled for a week, it was something to hear it out loud and directed at him. He was fucking livid that she could reduce him to that but he also knew that he didn't help the situation by disrespecting her in the first place.

And here they were, him lounging in the section Marcus got for him whilst she laughed lightly at something Azani said. He took in the way that her purple dress drank up her alluring figure, the curves, and the ampleness of her ass whilst complimenting her complexion. She wasn't even enticing him on purpose and he was hard.

Maddening.

"Happy to see shawty?" Omar enquired, swirling the golden liquor in his glass.

" What can I say? She makes a nigga's head spin but it's all worth it for her to be here with me now . I owe you one"

"It ain't nothing, plus it's her you owe. The whole thing was her idea, she felt bad"

" I bet she did but so did I. It's whatever, that shit been squashed"

" Damn, that's good to hear because I was tired of seeing yo moping ass, singing all the Drake tunes. I didn't even know -"

Marcus slammed down next to the birthday boy with a beaming cake that said '25' and nothing else and that's all Levi needed to know Marcus was definitely behind the making of the cake but before he could voice his dismay, the choral sounds of ' Happy Birthday' was sung directly at him.

Normally, he loathed this, but right now, it felt like his 20th birthday all over again, and he couldn't help but feel happy.

................................................................................................................................................................

" Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,"

Levi listened attentively to the cheerful words as his aunt and his cousins sang to him. It was no surprise to anyone he was here instead of home with his parents. He didn't even shock him that they left a small present at the foot of his bed and disappeared to whatever important function they felt that they need to be at.

He wasn't tripping over that, he was starting to get a place where he could care less about them being around and only focused on those that clearly cared for him.

Inhaling his aunt's sweet scent, he felt it all - the warmth of her spirit, the sweetness of her gentle touch, and the parental love he hungered for.

He was more than grateful to be here.

" Something small," Aunt Erica handed a velvet box to him. He hoped that she didn't overspend on him.

A small snap revealed a luxury timepiece with smooth leather straps adorning a few simple words  - ' Happy birthday to my lovely nephew from your favourite aunt'. It was etched into the circular outline of the watch.

Mahogany BluesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara