28

The priest announced the happy couple.

" I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" The priest declared as Mena and Leo collided together for one intense kiss. After all the toxic bullshit, they had been able to work through their issues to build a very healthy relationship.

Their gurgling six-month-old daughter, Aliyah played with the chain across Sabrina's neck. She had been busy fulfilling the auntie's duties that she hadn't had much time to think about what occurred a year ago. She simply pushed it to the back of her head as her friend came down the steps, reaching for her baby girl.

If anyone would've told Sabrina that Mena would not only marry but also have a child, she would've laughed.

Mena had always insisted that marriage and children were not part of her life plan like that. But things change and Mena honestly looked like she couldn't be any happier than this.

She felt nothing but good spirits as she watched the loving twosome slow dancing with their baby girl in tow.

" I still can't believe she did it, I already heard that they argued before today" Azani chuckled, linking arms with Sabrina who seemed more quiet than usual.

" I heard her tell him that if he wears those 'fucking white shoes', he better find another wife. She was dead serious too" Sabrina laughed.

" It's the way I know that she would do it too, that girl is too much"

" Honestly"

The dancefloor mellowed out as people retreated to their seats while the happy couple was in their little love cocoon, feeding each other.

This day had made her heart full, seeing her friend end up with the guy she always wanted was something that sparked thoughts of her and Levi.

Time had passed since their break up, she hadn't cried that much since her mother's death. She mourned all the time spent, it overwhelmed her so much how he was able to still have such an effect on her.

Though she shouldn't have expected it, she hoped that something would come from him, even if it was through Azani and Marcus.

But it had been radio silence since then, she accepted that her self-sabotage had finally won: ruining one of the best things to ever happen to her in a long time.

While it still hurts, throwing herself into work, friends and family had proven to be a great remedy for the heart.

Her heavy ache was cured by sharing laughter, joy, and celebration during the past year.

What Binds Us was out in the cinemas and it has been receiving rave reviews from critics and the audience, she was so happy that this little book that she merely started on a whim got to this position.

Her heart swelled with pride that her father was able to witness her unbelievable career trajectory, from being her date to the premiere to helping her to edit her second book when she wasn't sure that the book was going in the right way.

She was content with what her life had come to but there was this niggling feeling that there was something still missing. She simply ignored it because she knew exactly what it was.

She knew she had to move on, letting go was the first step, and getting out of her thoughts would help. "Ahhhhhhhh, you a married bitch!" she exclaimed as Mena ran into her and Azani's arms. They hugged each other, rocking side to side.

" My faithful hoes, I knew you'd be happy for me. I can't believe that I actually have a whole husband and daughter, it's crazy you know" Mena proclaimed, still in disbelief.