Chapter 47

Caleb rolls on top of me, and I groan before burying my face into his armpit.

He smells like home, and I'm happy to be squished up underneath him.

There's a faint vibrating to my left, and I resist the urge to groan as I realize it's Caleb's phone. The vibrating doesn't stop, and after a minute, I feel his muscles flex as he reaches for it. He lifts his head to see who it is before rolling off me and bringing the device to his ear.

"What?"

His voice is thick with sleep, and I shiver as it hits me. I love his gravely morning voice.

There's a feminine voice coming through the line, and I suck my cheeks into my mouth as I try to determine who it is. It's too quiet for me to make out, and I curl my toes before turning and grabbing Caleb's wrist.

He seems confused as he looks down at me, and I offer a weak smile as I pull his phone away from his ear to see who he's talking to. He lets me, and my face turns bright red when I see Sash's name plastered across the device.

I release his wrist, ignoring his cocky smirk as I roll back over.

I can't believe I just did that.

Caleb moves forward and spoons me from behind.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Of course, I'm at home right now," he scoffs.

He's hard, and he rubs himself against my butt as he lies to his sister about his whereabouts. She must be back from her temporary exile.

Caleb and I have done a pretty good job keeping the interworking of our relationship a secret, but I'm sure it wasn't hard for her to learn whatever information has been spread about us. By now, it's no longer a secret that my mark is no longer black, and I'm sure Caleb's not nearly as sneaky as he seems to think when he comes to my apartment.

"Mhmm," Caleb grumbles, nestling his face into the back of my neck.

Sash's voice grows louder, the woman beginning to shout in her anger. I want to know what she's saying, but I'm sure I already know. She knows Caleb's here with me right now, and she's pissed.

"Alright, Sash." Caleb's voice is dull and laced with poorly concealed boredom.

I forget how close of a relationship they have, and guilt renders me silent as I listen to them. She's the only family he has, and he sent her away because of me. I'm sure it wasn't easy, and I hope it has no long-lasting impacts.

Before she discovered what I did to Caleb, she was never anything but kind and welcoming toward me. She accepted me into their family with open arms, and I can't fault her for getting protective when she saw how badly I hurt her brother.

"Yup. I won't forget it. Love you, bye." Caleb hangs up the phone before rolling me onto my back and hovering over me.

His erection presses against my stomach, but the memory of last night's rejection prevents me from reacting. He has no intention of putting himself inside me without a condom, and neither of us has one.

"I missed waking up with you," Caleb admits, his voice low. "You smell so fucking good, and I'm going to smell like you for the rest of the day."

I gulp.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I'm not, but I feel that's the appropriate thing to say. "You can take a shower if you'd like," I offer.

Caleb laughs, and every muscle in my body relaxes as the sound washes over me. I missed his laugh. It brings me immediate calm, and I can't help but smile as he brushes my hair out of my face.