Chapter 15

It's been an entire week, and I've got nothing.

I wake to Caleb's mouth on my sex and his hands pinning my waist to the mattress. I'm quickly learning that is his favorite way to draw me from sleep, and I can't say I'm complaining.

I curl my fingers into the sheets until Caleb's satisfied with the pleasure he's brought me. It feels incredible, always does, and when he climbs back up my body and slips inside, it takes everything in me not to get carried away and overindulge.

Caleb fills me with himself, and I scream into the skin of his neck as he calls me his and promises to give me the world.

I don't want the world. At least not the one he's offering.

"What does your wolf look like?" I ask as he loops his arm around my waist and pulls me onto his lap.

He's still inside me, and the new angle has me throwing my head back with a low moan. I hate how good he feels, and I roll my hips against his as he sits back on his heels and guides me up and down his length.

"Fuck," he gasps, his fingers digging into the flesh of my ass. "I'll show you later."

The next thing I know, I'm on my hands and knees and his sweaty chest is pressed against my back. Caleb places a hand over my ribs to hold them steady as he drives into me, and the sound of smacking flesh fills the room until I've reached another orgasm and Caleb is pulling out and cumming on my lower back.

I collapse onto the mattress and fight back tears as he rushes to the bathroom to get me a damp towel.

My heart and body are so fucking desperate for him, but I can't erase the image of him killing those humans from my mind. A small part of me wishes I never saw it, even if I know it's for the best I did.

HPAW didn't spend years training me just for my dumb ass to fall in love and forget all about my purpose. Caleb may be the perfect man for me, but that's not saying much.

I'm nothing more than a trained spy. Or assassin. Both labels would fit.

"You want to see my wolf?"

Caleb returns to the room with an easy smile, and I force a matching one on my lips as he kneels on the bed and wipes up the mess on my back. The damp towel is warm, and he takes care to clean everything before planting a kiss on my cheek.

He follows it up by placing another kiss on my actual cheek, the corner of his lips touching mine.

"I'd love to," I say.

I want to see how fast his wolf can run and jump. I'm willing to bet Caleb would be more than happy to show me his abilities, the man probably hoping they impress me. HPAW has captured several wolves and used them for evaluation, but they've all been women or weak older men.

We only see the strong, youthful wolves in battle, and not many who get a good look live to tell the tale.

Every place on my body that Caleb touches tingles, and I let my limbs relax before climbing off the bed and heading into the bathroom to take a quick shower. He's addicting, and if I lay here for a second longer, I'm going to be trying for another round.

I'm not proud of it, but I'm weak when it comes to his touch.

Caleb is nowhere to be seen when I wander back into the bedroom with wet hair and a towel wrapped around my torso, and I get dressed in silence before heading downstairs. I appreciate the space.

I've never been one for constant attention, and having little moments alone has helped keep me sane. Caleb is distracting, and sometimes I need to be away from him to straighten my thoughts.