Stinging

Griffin's Pov

It was after school, and I realized the downside to playing cello. Having the log that awkward instrument back and forth between home and school.

I was waiting for my mom to pull up in front of the school to pick me up. The combined weight of my backpack and my cello stung my shoulders. Finally, I saw my moms red car pull up. She had a smile on her face.

"Hi Griffin, how was your day?" She asked as I walked towards the car.  "It was ok," I said. I opened the side doors and hauled my cello into the backseat.

   I crawled into the passenger seat and sighed.

  ~~~~~~~Ω L a t e r Ω~~~~~~~~~

I sat in my room, bored. My cello case rested against my wall, and my music sat in the floor in front of it. Playing cello was a nice distraction from thinking about Harper, however I cant always play cello.

  I logged into grade portal, maybe I can distract myself  from my brain by found work. " 0 missing assignments"  the screen read. Normally.?, I would be happy to not have  to do any work,  but work was exactly what I needed right now. I checked my grades.

Math : 97

ELA : 98

History : 95

Science : 93

P.E : 100

Orchestra : Grade pending

My grade were great.

  Not good when I needed something to do. Or else I would be back there, standing over the sink, red spilling out of my wrists.

  I felt empty and cold in my bed, and my head hung as I thought about cutting. It was like I had no control over anything except for the razor blade gliding across my arms.

   Before I knew it, I was standing at my bathroom mirror, hands twitching to get to that razor.

  I picked up the shiny metal blade, my only source of refuge.

  Cut.

  Slice.

  Cut.

   Puncture.

  "DAMMIT" I whisper yelled by arm was now aching with the pain of the cuts. It felt as if a bulldog was using my arm as a chew toy. I rinsed of the blood and looked at the wounds. Three slices and a for where I kinda stabbed myself.

  I grabbed the first aid kit, the one me and harper used just weeks ago, but it felt like years. I put ointment on the wounds and wrapped bandage around them.

  I left the bathroom and flipped on my bed, praying that sleep came easy. I drifted off into a seamless slumber, one which can with a rude awakening.