53. epilogue

5 years later

"SHUT THE FUCK up, Sirius."

Sirius holds up his hands, sending her an exasperated look.

"Nes, c'mon," he continues. "I'm just trying to help you out here. You look like my fucking Great Aunt Mary in that dress."

She shoots him a deadly glare to which he smirks in response.

"Bitch," she mutters.

He grins. "Why, thank you."

Rolling her eyes, she turns back to her closet just as Remus walks into the room. Nesrin sends him a smile before rummaging through her clothes once again.

He walks over to Sirius to give him a quick kiss. Sirius's smile turns fond with affection as his arms close around Remus's body.

Nesrin smiles at her friends, happy that after years of pining—from both of them—they have finally gotten together.

"Remy," Nesrin calls out. "Be honest. Does this dress make me look like Sirius's Great Aunt Mary?"

Remus gives her a once-over, sucking his teeth in and raising his brows. He winces just low enough for her to barely hear him. Nesrin narrows her eyes at him.

"Remus!"

He holds up his hands in mock surrender.

"Hey, Great Aunt Mary is a beautiful woman. On the outside, at least."

Sirius snorts, pecking his boyfriend's cheek before turning back to Nesrin. He pushes her aside—not so gently—and starts throwing around her clothes.

She groans. "I'm going to fucking kill you, Sirius."

He hums in response, ignoring her.

"Hey, something special may be happening tonight," he tells her. "You have to look gorgeous. I'm only helping you out here."

Nesrin rolls her eyes, though a smile plays at her lips.

She knows exactly what's going to happen tonight.

James was not very subtle. At all. Especially when he asked her a few weeks ago for her ring size.

Sirius and Remus had come over to the house she and James had bought about a year ago, seemingly intent on helping her find the perfect outfit for her date tonight with James.

"Rem, come over here," Sirius says. "Look at this."

Remus walks over and they look at whatever outfit Sirius is holding. Nesrin hears them whisper to each other before they both turn around, grins on their faces.

Sirius holds the dress he's holding up against his body.

"What do you think?" he asks. "I think this dress is beautiful enough to hide your hideousness."

Nesrin flips him off before taking the dress and looking over it.

It is a beautiful teal color. It dips low on her chest but doesn't show any cleavage and the hem reaches just below her knees. It is casual enough to wear just about anywhere but fancy enough to wear if James is taking her someplace extravagant.

Sirius smiles cheekily. "You like it." He wiggles his eyebrows. "I'm sure James will love it too. You know, before he rips it—"

"Okay, that's enough," Remus cuts off, grabbing Sirius's hand. He shoots Nesrin a smile before dragging Sirius out of the room.

She laughs as she closes the door so she can change.

On her way to pick up the outfit on her and James's bed, she passes by her dresser.