46. never letting go of your hand again

SHE'S WALKING DOWN the hallway when she hears someone whisper-yell her name. She stops, furrowing her eyebrows and looking around.

Peeking his head through a crack of an open door, James grins at her and waves her over. She rolls her eyes but walks over nonetheless.

Her feet are barely through the door before her back is against the wall and James is nuzzling her neck. She lets out a light giggle, wrapping her arms around him.

"I missed you," he murmurs.

She grins even though he can't see her. "You just saw me less than an hour ago in class."

"Still."

She shoves him lightly. "Careful, Potter. I might start to think you can't live without me."

He chuckles, his hand slipping up her skirt and brushing her outer thigh.

"What if I can't?"

His voice is lower than a whisper; she feels rather than hears his words. She tilts her head up, nudging his nose with hers. His gaze is stolen by her lips. Instead of answering, she presses her mouth to his.

Their tongues collide as James lifts one of Nesrin's legs and she wraps it around his waist. His hand slides up her thigh until it is right under her ass.

She moans into his mouth, biting down on his lip and arching into his body. He groans, his fingers digging into her skin as they slip past the hem of her underwear.

Heat spreads throughout every inch of Nesrin's body. It's like she's been waiting for this moment forever—to be here with James, in his arms, in his heart, nothing in the way of stopping them.

He takes her hand and brings it against the wall beside her head, lacing their fingers together.

He gives a rough roll of his lower body, making her shudder. She lets out a shaky sigh as she rubs against him for friction. He growls into her ear, nipping at her earlobe before lowering his mouth to kiss right below it.

She wants to stay here forever. And she would too, if it weren't for the fact that she has a class starting in less than two minutes.

Reluctantly, she pulls away slightly.

"James, I have to get to class," she whispers.

He groans, not letting go of her and instead biting into the skin where her neck meets her shoulder. She closes her eyes, savoring the feeling before pulling away again.

"C'mon, James. We have to go."

He shakes his head, holding onto her hand tighter.

He lifts his head to look into her eyes. The tip of his nose touches the bridge of hers.

"I'm never letting go of your hand again," he breathes, looking between her dark eyes.

She smiles, cupping his cheek and pecking his mouth. Then she kisses his nose. His smile goes soft.

"I'm glad," she says.

He captures her mouth in his again, this time softer and slower.

When he leans away, he grins and says, "I have to make up for all the kisses I missed out on."

She laughs, shoving his chest. "Shut up."

He sticks out his tongue but moves back nonetheless. She heads to the door, but before she can, he grabs her hand again.

"Don't forget our date tonight," he tells her.

She looks back at him.

"I wouldn't forget for the world."