Chapter Three: Body Double (Part 3)

Riverdale High School (Day 3)

(Day 3)

It was the next morning and I was ready to show-off my new look at school, despite my twin's negative reaction at the fact Cheryl paid for it. I didn't care. I just curled my hair and with the help of the tutorials Veronica sent me, I successfully did my makeup. It wasn't as good as the pep rally, but it was certainly not far from it. And for the first time in my life, I walked down the school hallway with confidence. Everyone stopped to gawk at me, taking in my new appearance. It all felt different, but a good different.

Kevin: *smiling at Jodie, standing beside Betty and Lucas* Oh my God! Jodie, you are the literal embodiment of a phoenix rising from the ashes. All of this, *motions at her outfit, hair, and makeup* is giving me actual goosebumps.

Jodie: *smiling, standing beside Jughead* Why thank you, Kev. I'm glad someone thinks I look great.

Betty: *smiling* You look better than great. You look amazing. Where'd you get your new clothes?

Jughead: Oh, Cheryl bought them for her. Plus all that goop on her face.

Lucas: *surprised* She did?

Kevin: Wait, *looks at Jodie* the rumor's true? Cheryl was the girl with you yesterday?

Jodie: *nods, smiling* Yeah, we hung out all day yesterday. *smiles more* It was a lot of fun.

Kevin: Well, you certainly missed a lot yesterday.

Jodie: What, what happened?

Betty: One of those guys posted the photos of the Bulldogs attacking you and Principal Weatherbee expelled them.

Kevin: And my dad is having each of them participate in community service.

Jodie: What about Clayton?

Lucas: *frowns* Sorry, Jodie. Because he wasn't in the photos, there wasn't any evidence that could be used against him.

Jodie: *scoffs* I guess five less sexual offenders is better than nothing. But just let those Bulldogs try something on me again. Yesterday was just the beginning.

Jughead: Yeah, well, let's not try to get yourself expelled too, okay?

Jodie: Oh, stop worrying. I'll be fine.

Jughead: *staring at her, a little doubtful* Okay. *walks away, with Lucas following beside him*

Betty: *looking at Jodie* He's just trying to look out for you.