Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show (Part 6)

Riverdale High's Music Room

*After Betty told Alice about Archie and Ms. Grundy, they and Fred went to confront them in the music room at Riverdale High*

Archie: *standing beside Ms. Grundy, looking at Alice* Ms. Grundy's not a predator. She's a good person.

Ms. Grundy: Archie, you don't have to defend me.

Fred: No, he doesn't.

Alice: *looks back at him* Well, they're not denying it, are they? They're clearly guilty. I think the next step is we take this to Sheriff Keller, and let the wheels of justice take over.

Archie: *eyes widen* Dad, you can't let that happen.

Fred: Son, it's complicated.

Archie: She didn't force me to do anything, I went after her. Everything that happened, I wanted it to happen.

Alice: *scoffs a little* There's no surprise there.

Betty: Why are you doing this, Mom? Putting Ms. Grundy on trial?

Alice: *getting angry* This isn't just about her. *points at Archie* This is about him. I want you see what kind of person Archie truly is. *pushes Archie with her index finger*

Fred: Wait a minute, that is what this is about? Your crazy grudge against my teenage son?

Betty: I'm never going to stop being friends with Archie, Mom. Ever.

Fred: We are done here.

Alice: Oh, we are far from being done here!

Archie: Stop.

Fred: Shut up.

Archie: Stop! Please. You're right, Mrs. Cooper. You're right. I'm selfish, and I'm stupid, and I don't deserve to be your daughter's friend. But please, don't hurt Ms. Grundy because you wanna hurt me.

Alice: This isn't about hurting anyone, Archie. *looks towards Ms. Grundy* It's about doing what's right, and, of course, informing our neighbors.

Fred: *annoyed* Alice, I swear to God...

Alice: *cuts him off* You swear to God...

Betty: Publish one word about this, Mom, and I will tell everyone that I broke into Ms. Grundy's car.

Alice: Betty...

Betty: *cuts her off* That I robbed her, and made up the story of their affair. It will be like, I finally...snapped. Like Polly.

Alice: *stern* Betty.

Betty: It'll prove what everyone already thinks about us. "Crazy runs in that family." Like mother, like daughter.