Chapter One: The River's Edge (Part 4)

Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe(Night 3)

(Night 3)

It was the next night, the night of the Back-to-School Semiformal. I had decided to get ready for the dance at Pop's, so Lucas and Vance wouldn't find out about mine and Jughead's living situation. Plus, Jughead decided to skip the dance and just hang out at Pop's. After getting dressed in the bathroom, I walked out in a short black halter dress that I found at our local thrift shop and my nice black ankle boots. I managed to do a little bit of makeup and at least braid my hair. My mom was never into that sort of thing, so I never really learned how to do my hair and makeup.

Lucas: *standing beside Vance, his jaw dropping when he sees her* Wow, Jodes.

Vance: I was thinking the same thing.

Jodie: *smiling softly* Thanks, Fellas. *looks at Jughead* See you after the dance, Bro.

Jughead: *smiling softly* Have fun. *gives Lucas and Vance a teasing look* Not too much fun though.

Vance: *chuckles* We'll be gentlemen. *holds his arm out towards Jodie*

Jodie: *chuckles* Thank you. *wraps one arm around his arm and the other around Lucas's arm, walking towards the front doors with them*

******

Back-to-School Semiformal

A few minutes later, the three of us arrived at the high school and we went inside. We soon walked into the gymnasium, seeing it was all decorated for the dance.

Jodie: *looking at the decorations, her arms wrapped around Lucas's and Vance's arms* Not bad. I just hope the snack table looks better.

Lucas: You can say that again. *lets go of Jodie's arm, walking towards the snack table with her and Vance*

Jodie: *notices Betty and Kevin and waves at them* Hey, guys!