Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil (Part 1)

Jughead's Narration:I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th

I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th. That we'd come to school Monday morning, and there Jason would be. Or that we'd see him and Cheryl in a booth at Pop's.

Jodie's Narration:
But that was before the undeniable, irrevocable fact of his bloated, water-logged body, a corpse with a bullet hole in its forehead, and terrible secrets that could only be revealed by the cold, steel blade of a coroner's autopsy scalpel, or the telltale beating of a guilty heart.

******

The Cooper House(Day 1)

The Cooper House
(Day 1)

It was early Monday morning, and I had spent the weekend comforting Betty. After leaving Cheryl's party, I packed a few things and basically moved into the Cooper House, which wasn't the first time. Betty's folks didn't mind. Honestly, I think me and Kevin are the only ones they approve of Betty being friends with.

Jodie: *sitting on Betty's bed, looking down at her notebook* So, Pop said I can work Saturdays in the morning and Mondays and Wednesdays after school.

Betty: I thought you said he was also going to let you work Thursdays.

Jodie: He was, but now that Lodge's mom works there, it cuts into my hours. He even said he won't be able to give me overtime, which is ridiculous. If anyone should get overtime, it's me. I spent my entire shift yesterday trying to teach her the sections. She kept working my tables. I'm pretty sure she's never worked an hour in her entire life.

Betty: *frowning softly* I'm sorry, JJ. *smiles a little, hoping to cheer her up* But hey, it'll give us more time to hangout.

Jodie: *nods a little* Yeah. *looks at her* Maybe with us spending even more time together, you'll finally realize that I'm the girl of your dreams and forget about Andrews. *chuckles, teasing*