Chapter Three: Body Double (Part 2)

The Andrews House(Day 2)

The Andrews House
(Day 2)

The next morning, I was sleeping peacefully on the couch in the Andrews House, with their dog, Vegas, sleeping beside me. I'll tell you one thing. He smelled better than Jughead does sometimes. Even though I was enjoying my sleep, I was soon awoken by the energizing aroma of fresh brewed coffee, followed by the delicious smells of bacon and pancakes. I threw the throw blanket off of me and got off the couch, feeling the cold floor beneath my bare feet. As I walked towards the kitchen, I was grateful that Archie was like two feet taller than me, because his t-shirt goes just past my knees.

Jodie: *looking at Fred, Archie, and Jughead* Morning.

Fred: *fixing Jodie her plate* Good morning, Jodie.

Jughead: *sitting at the table, eating his breakfast* Morning, Sis.

Archie: *sitting beside him, looking at her* Morning.

Jodie: *sitting down on the other side of her brother, smiling softly when Fred sets a plate of pancakes and bacon and a mug of coffee down in front of her* Thank you, Mr. Andrews.

Archie: Jo, I was thinking that I could stay beside you at school today. You know, to make sure none of the guys bother you.

Jodie: Thanks, Arch. But I think I'm just gonna skip school today. I'll gladly let you walk with me tomorrow though. *grabs the bottle of syrup*

Jughead: Just don't let those idiots think they won.

Jodie: They won't, *starts pouring some syrup on her pancakes* don't worry. *stops pouring once her pancakes were covered and sets the bottle down, eating*

Fred: *sitting down beside her, holding his mug of coffee* Well, feel free to hang out here, if you want. Betty brought a change of clothes for you, they're over by the stairs.

Jodie: Thanks. *notices Fred was reading the morning issue of the town's newspaper, "The Register", and her heart sinks when she sees Cheryl's picture on the front page, accusing her of killing Jason*

We all soon finished eating breakfast and I watch the guys leave, leaving me alone with Vegas. But I didn't plan on staying here all day. I had other plans. As I was getting dressed, I heard the doorbell ring.

Jodie: *rushing down the stairs, putting on Betty's blue blouse* Coming! *goes over to the front door and her eyes widen when she sees Cheryl standing in front of her, holding a picnic basket* Cheryl?