Chapter Three: Body Double (Part 5)

FP's Trailer(Day 4)

FP's Trailer
(Day 4)

Early the next morning, I woke up in my old bedroom, still wearing my clothes from last night. My dad must've carried me in here. After dragging my ass out of bed, I went over to my old dresser and managed to find some clothes that I had left behind. A little snug. Maybe I should lay off the milkshakes? Nah. I grabbed my beanie from off the nightstand and put it on my head. Unfortunately, that's when I suddenly remembered I still hadn't finished that report for the newspaper. Crap! Betty's gonna be mad. I quickly ran out of my bedroom and as I went down the hallway, I surprisingly found my dad making breakfast in the kitchenette.

FP: *sees her and smiles softly* Morning, Honey. *starts taking a couple buttermilk waffles out of the toaster when it pops* I know frozen waffles won't be as good as the waffles at Pop's, but it's what I got. Oh, and I got some bacon too.

Jodie: *going over to the coffee table* It's fine, Dad. Thanks. *picks up her phone and groans when she sees she has multiple missed texts from Betty. She opens them up and sees pictures of the playbook and the names inside them, frowning when she sees Polly's name beside Jason's. After seeing the text asking her about her report, she sighs and types* "I fell asleep at my dad's, so I didn't finish it. But don't worry, I got an idea. Tell Principal Weatherbee to go to the Blue and Gold and you guys meet me there in fifteen minutes." *sends the message, looking at FP* I gotta take breakfast to go. *grabs her jacket and starts walking towards the kitchenette, putting it on* I need to get to school early.

FP: Oh, yeah, sure. You uh, need money for lunch?

Jodie: *grabbing the waffles and a couple pieces of bacon* I'm good. Thanks.

FP: Hey um, before you go, I want to let you know that your uncle, aunt, and cousins are coming to town next week.

Jodie: *smiling* Really? That's great. I'll tell Jug at school. *pauses, staring at him* Well,...I'll talk to you later.

FP: *nods* Yeah. Have a good day at school, Honey.

Jodie: Thanks, Dad. *starts walking towards the door, opening it and leaving the trailer. After she shuts the door and goes down the stairs, she suddenly freezes when she sees her first love and ex-girlfriend, Toni Topaz, sitting on her motorcycle, waiting for her* Toni.

Toni: *smiling softly, her arms crossed on her chest* Hey, Care Bear.

Toni's here. Why's Toni here? Did Dad tell her to come over when I was asleep? God, she's just as beautiful as the last time I saw her.

Jodie: *staring at her, shocked* What are you doing here?

Toni: Well, I noticed your motorcycle here last night. And this morning. So, you and your dad talking again?