004 | william shakespeare

nishimura riki
───────────

History is somehow fascinating to me. It's fascinating because almost all of the historical people we read about today don't even know they made something historical. This makes me wonder how they would react if they found out they have been a part of the history books for millennials.

This also makes me wonder how the history books will write my story. I may not have an huge occurrence related to my name like my forefathers who have started or ended war, changed laws or had other strong impacts on the society.

The only thing I can do is to live til I die and hope the history books don't portray me as a bad king. I might be dead but I still don't want a negative angle of my story that will cause readers to dislike me.

"William Shakespeare, a British poet and dramatist who was not for an age but for all time. William Shakespeare is known for writing the world's most classic plays, but did he really write them?" The history teacher Mr Tanaka said.

"Scientists within literature have speculated that William Shakespeare may not be the real author behind the famous work. Despite this theory does the authorship belong to William Shakespeare which makes him the owner of the works, even if he may not have written them himself" Mr Tanaka replied.

"But that is a conversation for another day because I will introduce the homework for next week. Next week I want a piece of research of William Shakespeare in a modern time" Mr Tanaka explained.

"Choose one of his works and discuss how the work would be done in a modern time. How much would the work change? How would you write it if you were William Shakespeare? Would the work still be counted as a classic if it was written in a modern time?" Mr Tanaka further explained the homework.

The classroom had one second of silence before the ball rang. Me and my classmates stood up to thank Mr Tanaka for the lesson before he left the classroom.

I looked down at my notes from the lesson, noticing right away that my attention span was with me throughout the whole lesson compared to the previous lessons. Why did no one forearm me about how hard it is to take notes during class? Or maybe it's just me who's getting used to the student life.

Just when I had thrown my bag over the shoulder, Nicholas dragged me out of the classroom. We ran outside along with a couple of classmates who had a basketball with them.

While we waited for the remaining players from other classes did I notice more students started to approach the basketball court from a distance. Most of the students are girls who thinks they are being discreet with hiding their obvious glances at me.

This is a new experience with this type of attention, and I have to admit that I kinda like it.

My eyes ended up landing on the small forest behind me. Even if the forest was placed on a downhill did the trees keep a distance with each other. This made it possible to see the other side of the forest.

Two colors stood out among the nature colors from the forest. The colors resemble the Kinmyaku uniforms as well as the Jishin uniform. Her Majesty told me to not associate with students from Jishin, yet it seems like I'm not the only Kinmyaku student who breaks that.

"I'm coming back soon" I told Nicholas before I walked away.

I carefully walked through the forest while I kept my eyes on the two stunts. Just like I suspected, it is a Kinmyaku student and a Jishin student, who also happens to be Mai. She counted a bundle of money before she gave the Kinmyaku student something. The student walked away while Mai counted the bundle of money again.

"You are not being that discreet you know? It feels more like I'm the celebrity of us now" Mai suddenly said.

"What did you sell to him?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Just a pack of heroin. It's kinda ironic that Kinmyaku Academy is viewed as the definition of perfect when the majority of my customers are Kinmyaku students" Mai answered with a chuckle.

"Hey, did you.. You tried to sell drugs to me that day?" I responded.

"Why wouldn't I when you posh people look the exact same? Don't blame me for mistaking you as a customer when the rest of your people are a customers" Mai replied.

"Seems like you have stereotypes" I said while I crossed my arms.

Mai started to laugh at me like I just cracked a bad yet funny joke.

"I am the one with stereotypes? Have you ever tried to live in society's working class as a regular human being? 24 hours would be more than enough time for you to tell which one of us has the most stereotypes" Mai replied.

"24 hours would be more than enough time for you to realize not all posh people are the same. There is going to be a party at Kinmyaku on Friday, held in the old clubhouse at 9 PM. You should make a visit and fact-check if your stereotypes actually match the reality" I said.

"You are inviting me to a party at Kinmyaku? Absolutely not, there is no way I would volunteer to be in that type of environment along with that kind of people" Mai replied.

"But if you find yourself bored on Friday night, you know where I am" I reminded her while I looked at her with a smirk.

"In other words am I going to make sure I am as far away as possible from this area on Friday night. This means that I will already make sure to stay as far away as possible in order to save myself from your bullshit" Mai said while she turned her back against me and walked away.

I let out a chuckle while I watched Mai walk away along with her unbothered energy. She really is determined. Don't get me wrong, I don't assign determined as a bad personality trait because Mai's determined personality trait is what I like about her. So far.

She is my inspiration for the history homework.