002 | jishin education

nishimura riki
───────────

Since it was half a day yesterday haven't I experienced the full school experience yet. But it still didn't stop His and Her Majesty to shower me with questions about my first day. Mostly questions out of curiosity like my first impression but there is also questions out of concern.

“Remember to stay close to Nicholas's circle. He's been going to Kinmyaku his whole life, he knows the students and their level of trust. Kinmyaku might be a school for the country's highest society members but that doesn't make everyone trustworthy”

I nodded. It's not like I had any plans to leave Nicholas behind or not keep close to him and his circle. Why would someone with trust-issues leave their only friend behind?

Her Majesty found a gap in her schedule and decided to accompany to school. I'm not sure however if Her Majesty accompany me as support or if she's just here to bring back old memories. Probably the last one.

Kinmyaku is the place His and Her Majesty met and fell in love after all.

“But.. How did you and His Majesty meet? Were you a part of his circle?” I asked out of curiosity.

“I was both inside and outside His Majesty's circle. I was one of the lucky ones who had a close friend in His Majesty's circle which led me to receive a green pass” Her Majesty answered with a smile.

“This however caused jealousy at all of the female students and out of the sudden wanted everyone to be my friend. Not because of me as a person but to use me as a shortcut to school's most popular clique. But that unexpectedly ended up being the reason why me and His Majesty found each other” Her Majesty added.

I have always been aware of the fact that His and Her Majesty met and fell in love at Kinmyaku, but I have never asked about the love story itself. I guess I have never felt interested enough to ask since I haven't been interested to enroll in Kinmyaku until now.

“But the most important thing you should be aware of is Jishin Education. There is a school nearby Kinmyaku called Jishin Education, a school for low status society members” Her Majesty suddenly said.

“I already told you to not trust everyone at Kinmyaku you should absolutely not trust nor associate with someone from Jishin. They are not people like us, they are regular society people from the working class. Those kind of people cannot be trusted” Her Majesty added with a serious voice tone.

I nodded as an answer because I knew exactly what incident Her Majesty was referring to between the lines.

The car parked outside Kinmyaku and our chauffeur went out to open the car door for me and Her Majesty. Just like yesterday were the headmistress waiting for our arrival.

“Headmistress, it's lovely to see you again” Her Majesty greeted.

“The pleasure is mine your highness. It's an honor to have you back as well as giving us your trust with the crown princes education” The headmistress replied.

The two of them continued to chit chat about old memories from when His and Her Majesty attend, the journey from acquaintance to this moment. I started to get a little impatient by standing here beside the on-going conversation instead of being inside it. But suddenly it felt like my body was about to trip because his arm swung around my shoulder at full speed.

“Excuse me your highness and headmistress but I need to borrow crown prince Riki” Nicholas said while he bowed.

“It's lovely to see you Nicholas, thank you for taking care of my son. Go and have fun you two” Her Majesty said with a pleased smile while she put her hand on Nicholas's shoulder.

Me and Nicholas bowed at them and then started to walk away.

“Thank you” I whispered to him.

I reached out to Nicholas last night and asked him to come to school earlier. I already knew that Her Majesty and the headmistress were going to have their own bubble and conversation. Plus it's fun to be around Nicholas and now when we attend the same school can I be with him more often.

“I was told to keep this a secret from you but I know you would appreciate knowing it beforehand. We are going to hold a surprise party for you on Friday” Nicholas said.

“You are a bad friend for not keeping a secret but a good friend for telling me” I replied with a chuckle.

“But who's we?” I asked.

“Me and my friends, or maybe I should say our friends now since you are a part of our group” Nicholas answered.

“What type of group are we? Are we like the popular clique that everyone wants to be a part of or what are we?” I asked.

“So the young crown prince Nishimura Riki wants to be a part of the popular guys, am I right?” Nicholas replied to tease me.

I tried to deny it but Nicholas kept teasing me about it. Suddenly Her Majesty started to call my name with a hint of excitement in her voice. The headmistress has definitely found an old photo and showed it to Her Majesty who wants to share it with me.

“Let's run” Nicholas suddenly said.

I looked at him confused for a second but then Nicholas dashed off and I followed after him without any hesitation. I however lost track of Nicholas which caused me to trust my non-existent gut feeling in terms of direction. But as I said is my gut feeling non-existent which caused me to bump right into someone.

"Why run that fast at this hour? Posh people are really something else” A girl my age said with a chuckle.

“What do you mean?” I asked out of confusion.

“How much do you want? 1 or 2 bags?” The girl asked, unbothered by my own question.

I stared at her, still confused about the situation. I noticed that she is wearing another uniform which means she could possibly be from that Jishin school Her Majesty talked about.

“Do you know me?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Are you a celebrity or what? Sorry not sorry but I'm not caught up with celebrities at all, it's not my thing plus I have better things to do” The girl answered.

“Do you want anything or what?” She added.

“I want to know your name” I said with a pleased smile while I crossed my arms.

“That was smooth, I liked that one. Mai, and you are?” Mai replied.

“You can call me Ni-ki” I said while I still kept that pleased smile on my face.

With that said I turned around and started to walk away, pretending I knew which direction to go when I barely know which area am in.