A hero or a liar?

"You're sixteen?!" Cries an outraged Ashido. Dazai's eye twitches at the incredibly obnoxious and loud exclamation, which attracts a few other classmates. They're gathered around the entrance of UA with their bags packed and ready for camp. It's also about five am in the morning, and a god-awful hangover makes for a terrible morning. He's still got one of those miniature whisky bottles for the road though. Just in case. At least he doesn't have to do remedial lessons, like a few of his classmates.

"Yes, yes, I am. My birthday was a month ago." Dazai rolls his eyes.

"But- You didn't tell us! Or anybody!" She exclaims even more distressed. Truthfully, he forgot about his birthday until the end of the day when Fyodor gave him a poisoned flower as a birthday gift. Dazai was rather happy about it, so he chowed down on the flower.

Unfortunately, his tolerance to toxins meant it only gave him an awful stomachache that would rival the Gods. The worst part was that he still went to school. The things he does for the Port Mafia.

"Well, it's over now. I don't celebrate it." Dazai shrugs with finality.

"Really?" Uraraka chimes in from next to him- she and Midoriya were deep in discussion about martial arts techniques, so Dazai got bored. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop," She laughs awkwardly, "But I was a bit surprised. Not many people don't celebrate their birthday."

"What do you do for yours then?" Dazai questions, rather curious. Birthdays have always been an uncomfortable affair for him.

"Hmmm...." Uraraka squints at the sky deep in thought. "I like to celebrate with my mom and dad. We always get cakes from the local bakery! Oh, but this year I might not, considering I'm living away from home at the moment."

"We can celebrate with you!" Midoriya insists eagerly while Ashido nods aggressively in the background. "Ah, if you're ok with it... That is, you know-"

Uraraka's laugh interrupts his anxious rambling. "I'd love to spend it with you all! It's right near the new year though, so you might be busy with your families. Hey Deku, when's your birthday?"

"Erm... It's..." He mumbles the rest of the answer.

"We can't hear youu..." Dazai whines, poking at Midoriya. "Speak up."

"It's the 15th of July..." A chorus of gasps rings out from the two girls in the conversation.

"But that was only a few days ago! You did celebrate it, right?" Uraraka squints accusingly.

"I did, I promise! It was just a small affair with my mother, since I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to celebrate with me... you know..?" He begins to mumble again and shrinks away from the fired-up girls.

"That's it!" Ashido exclaims. "We are going to have a massive birthday party when we get back from camp, so everyone who we haven't celebrated with, or who hasn't celebrated it at all-" She gives Dazai a pointed look. "-can all enjoy their birthdays."

"Ohohoho! What is this? Class 1-A thinks they're so important that their birthdays should be celebrated by the entire class?" An annoyingly loud voice sneaks up on them with a haughty blond being the source of the noise. Dazai vaguely remembers him from the few times he's tried to antagonise his class. "I, on the other hand, do not need such trivialities to know my own value!"

"Are you sure it's not because you don't have any friends to celebrate with?" Dazai eagerly suggests with a smug look on his face to match the others.

"You two!" Kendou scolds. "Stop antagonising each other." She turns to apologise to the other 1-A members and forcibly drags the blonde away from them. Dazai sulks at the reprimand.