The dog and the hat

The train platform is heavy on security. Dazai has travelled by train in and out of Yokohama enough times to know the process. It's much easier to get back into the city when you have proof of citizenship, unlike the few times he's run away and had to sneak himself back in.

The platform is also desolate. The few people on there don't have any indicators of quirks too. Yokohama is a bit discriminatory to quirked users, so there are very few mutant types. People with powers that don't present physically can slot into the lifestyle of the closed-off city fairly well at times. Or they're recruited by some sort of special organisation (Legal or not).

So: How does one get into Yokohama? The first option is with a confirmation of citizenship. Most citizens don't possess any abilities, and if they do, they're often the types that stem from the city itself. No genetics involved... he thinks. It's a bit of a mystery since they don't have a science category for them as they do in the rest of Japan. Either way, abilities don't seem to be spreading or multiplying much since they first appeared.

Dazai, of course, has his own citizenship. Chuuya had to obtain one to leave Yokohama since his identity was... a bit hard to confirm. But Mori sorted that out with his connections. The Port Mafia can pull some strings to allow people in and out of Yokohama, although it's pretty obvious by the numerous trade areas and trafficking circles that the mafia is a part of.

Access to Yokohama can be granted by the government. The majority of applications are from the quirkless, which are accepted reasonably easily after background checks. It's much more difficult for quirked individuals to get in, and they usually require either relatives in the city or special circumstances. Dazai's met a few quirked in Yokohama. They usually either pretend they don't even have one or tell people it's a special ability. Even though very similar, people fear quirks more than abilities. It's a bit funny. Dazai thinks of Chuuya walking down the street and people saying he's less dangerous than any quirked individual.

He eyes the platform. Yokohama has a bit of a reputation for being terrible with sky-high crimes. Nobody who's heading into the city on the next train seems scary. Dazai might call the security guards a bit intimidating if he had to. They're the equivalent of police, but Yokohama can't really send police from their own division when there's a police force in Musutafu. That would just cause more distrust and tension in the already strained relationship between Yokohama and its bordering districts.

Ah... Dazai can't wait to see Odasaku again. Catch up on whatever gossip Kouyou has, strike a conversation with some of the squads he controls (He just wants to see them squirm in terror). There's nothing like home! Dazai wonders if Chuuya is coming back today as well. Probably not, considering the summer camp is in a few days. The League of Villains is probably making preparations left and right in their base in Shizuoka city. Or at least that's what Dazai hopes. Opponents are boring when they don't have good plans.

A loudspeaker announces that the train will be arriving in less than five minutes from now. Ugh, finally. This satchel bag is killing his back. Truthfully, he didn't want to even bring a bag, but Mori insisted he personally delivers him this week's report while they are having their little chat.

Someone bundled in a copious amount of clothes arrives on the platform. It's cutting it a bit close, considering Dazai can actually see the train arriving. He can barely see any of their body with the number of accessories on them. In fact... all the parts of their body that aren't covered aren't... there. Are they invisible?

Is that Hagakure? Technically, there aren't actually any defining features of an invisible person, considering they're invisible. But there aren't many people with invisible quirks in the Musutafu area. Dazai found that out when he saw the invisible person enter the base of the League and decided to find the files of every invisible quirk in the area. Then he found out if they had an alibi or not, etc etc, until there was a high chance it was Hagakure that was the one who entered. There had been a chance that it wasn't even a UA student that had gone in that day, so it was good to make sure he was right.