Weather only fit for scarves

Dazai wakes up with a pounding headache and blurry vision. Maybe he'll take the day off. No, Mori won't like that. So with a groan, instead of sleeping the day away and nursing his hangover he groggily makes his way to his bathroom and washes his face.

He looks over to his almost dead phone. Oh, he is most likely going to be late for school. What a bummer. Dazai continues to pack his bag for the day while lighting a cigarette. Chuuya is still blissfully dozing, with not a care in the world. He puts a blanket over Chuuya before he leaves the house.

Today is cold. He likes the frigid temperatures, or maybe he just likes the clothing he can wear during winter. Every year Dazai counts down the days until summer is over and the temperature drops ever so slowly. Happiness fills him because the cold is arriving, but soon after despair chases him when he thinks about the fact that summer will arrive again, and again. Dazai was always told he was an unnatural child. When he first heard of this, he was devastated. But as time stretches on, he becomes desensitised to the remarks. Let them stare, let them talk! He will make sure they will never forget him. He walks into his classroom, and he is not a killer, nor prodigy or a wealthy child.

Classes go by in a blur as if he is turning pages of a book. He's in class, and then he's in a hallway that he doesn't know instead of the cafeteria.

He's sort of enjoying staring off into space when the alarm rings, its shrilling sound only worsens his headache. Something about a security breach, and Dazai doesn't care. When has he ever cared if something was going to kill him?

He can hear panicked voices rushing around a few hallways away, and is content with his choice to sit in this hallway. Lunch will be over soon, and he really doesn't want to go. Maybe he should light a cigarette. There are probably smoke detectors or cameras. Or both. That rat is a sneaky bastard. He just doesn't think he can keep his eyes open for another second. How come sleep only comes in the most inconvenient times? God must hate him.

"Hello? Listener, are you there?"

Dazai's respite from living stops, and he's startled awake by his English teacher. Present Mic is hovering over him, with an expression Dazai can't place. How embarrassing, he fell asleep. He should kill himself.

"Yamada-sensei. Hello." He greets the blonde adult.

He doesn't like adults. They're selfish and only want money or sex.

Dazai is selfish too, but he's not like them. He can't be, he'll be dead before he's 18.

"Dazai, was it? Are you alright? The school day is already over." He says, in the softest voice Dazai has heard from an adult.

He's an angel. Or maybe Dazai is a bit too delusional today and just can't think straight.

And as Dazai looks, really looks in front of him, he can see the orange hues colouring him and Yamada.

"Yes, I'm... ok."

He looks like he's about to say something else, and Dazai really just wants to go home but he just can't think of anything to say.

"Why were you sleeping out here? Were you injured by crowds during lunch? It was pretty rowdy out there!" He prompts Dazai to explain.

"Oh no no, nothing like that. I simply had a late night, it was thoughtless of me. Thank you for waking me up, but I must be on my way." Dazai counters and steps away as fast as possible.

He hears Yamada call something out to him, but he pretends he doesn't for the sake of finding somewhere to sleep.

Somewhere to sleep ends up being the rooftop of an apartment building. It is near his building, so he can get back easily. He just wanted to watch the sunset, but he ended up dosing off again. He can't resist the pretty colours of the sky and the stars that start to come into view after it that someone like him shouldn't have the pleasure of seeing. But Dazai has always been selfish, so he lets himself indulge.