I'll bring you flowers

Tw: homophobia/homophobic parents using religion as an excuse to be homophobic

Third person

The boys have been ghosts for over a year, and none of them have visited their graves. Alex feels like it's something they should do.

He doesn't know about the other guys but he's still not quite at peace with dying and maybe this will help him fully accept their death. He hopes it will at least.

"Hey, so I was thinking...we've never visited our graves." He tries to mention causally.

"Is that something you've been wanting to do?" Luke asks, who was previously hunched over the piano reading a country song Reggie gifted him and insisted on him reading right now so he could give him feedback. Now they both looked up at Alex.

"Well I mean not necessarily I guess I just thought it would be a good way to get closure. But we don't have to I mean-"

"No we totally should." Reggie says. "If you want to we can at least go for you."

"Really?"

"Of course man." Luke says. "We probably should have done this a long time ago."

They decide to go to Luke's fist. His head stone read "In loving memory of Lukas Allan Patterson. Son, friend, and musician. Rock on our little star"

"I can't believe they put musician on there." Luke says in disbelief. "I thought...I thought they'd never believe in me as a musician." His eyes water as tears of joy form in them. His parents believe in him after all.

His grave was decorated with flowers as well, clearly well cared for. The flowers looked as if they could have been placed there this morning. It wasn't unlikely Emily visited her sons final resting place frequently.

"We should head to your grave now." Luke says looking to Reggie.

"Are you sure you don't need a minute?"

"No, I'm good. I needed this." He smiles. "It was nice to see they actually believed in me."

They head over to Reggie's grave, which had less flowers but there was a small box by his flat headstone, which read, "Reginald James Peters. Friend, Brother, and Son. Rip my little angel- love mom"

Everyone knew Reggie's mom was one of the sweetest people ever, maybe that's were Reggie gets it from. His dad on the other hand, completely different. The Peters were never really good at keeping their family drama in the inside so the whole neighborhood knew his dad was a jerk, and it's probably a pretty good guess to say the flowers the box and the message on the tombstone was all his mom.

Reggie sits down in front of the grave and opens the small little box which contained a folded piece of paper, a note from his mom. It's a miracle it's still in condition after twenty five years.

"What's it say, I wanna know." Luke, being his nosey self says trying to read the letter over Reggie's shoulder. Alex slaps Luke arm and pushes him away.

"Dude." He says.

Reggie smiles and puts the letter back in the box before looking back at his friends. "It's okay, it was just a letter of something my mom was planning on telling me on my 18th birthday."

"Are you okay?" Alex says. Reggie nods and stands up, hugging the box close to his chest. It was all he had left of her at this point so he was gonna hold onto it forever.

Finally they go to Alex grave. There was no flowers, his grave stone looks like it hasn't been touched in all twenty six years of him being dead. It was overgrown with dirt and moss and weeds grew around the stone. The writing was just visible for him to read,