Peanut butter and jellyfish 🪼

"Hey Alex?" Reggie says, laying on the couch staring at the ceiling. "Do you think jellyfish ever get sad there's no peanut butter fish?"

"What?" Alex says.

"I mean peanut butter and jelly is like a common combo and there's no peanut butter fish. Whose gonna be the jellyfishes's best friend? Jellyfishes live forever ya know unless another animal kills them. But they don't die from old age. They live for eternity and wouldn't they get lonely without a peanut butter fish best friend?"

"Are you okay?" Alex asks with confusion and concern.

"I'm fine, I'm just worried about the jellyfish." He frowns.

"The jellyfish are fine." Alex assures him. "I promise."

"Yeah but you lie about a lot of things." Reggie points out.

"I doo not."

"You told me you could tell if a egg was hard boiled or not by cracking in on your head. I got raw egg all over me because of you."

"That's you're fault for believing me."

"Yeah, and so how am I supposed to believe you when you say the jellyfish are okay." Reggie says. "Or anything you say at all."

"Because I don't lie about promises." Alex says. "I promise the jellyfish are fine."

"You once promised me you'd get me a puppy." Reggie says.

"When did I say that?"

"A while ago."

"I never said that." Alex says.

"Dang it." Reggie sighs. "I thought that would work."

"Why do you care so much about the jellyfish?" Alex asks. This seemed a little to random to be actually random. And Reggie kept talking about it so Alex started to think there was more to it.

"Because what if they have no friends."

"They're friends with other jellyfish."

"What if the other jellyfish exiled one jellyfish for no reason and that jellyfish is in the deep ocean all by himself and he's afraid of the ocean and he's all alone and doesn't have a peanut butter jellyfish to become best friends with and he sinks to the bottom of the ocean and dies from a broken heart because he doesn't have his peanut butter friend."

"Okay, again, are you okay?" Alex asks. "You're starting to concern me."

"Stop changing the subject this is about the jellyfish, not me." Reggie says. "We should find him a peanut butter best friend."

"Good luck with that." Alex says.

"You're not gonna help?" Reggie ask with a frown.

"No."

"Why not?"  

"Because peanut butter fish don't exist." Alex says.

"You're just not a believer."

Sorry this one's so short I thought it was gonna be longer but I didn't know where to go from it. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed, have a wonderful day or night and remember to stand tall🩵🪼 👻