Chapter twenty seven

Madoka's pov

The following day, Madoka got a call from Mami for all the magical girls, besides Homura, to join for a wraith hunt, and that they would be meeting at the fountain.

Madoka was the one who arrived first, Mami was with Nagisa by her side. "Glad you came, let's wait for the others." Mami welcomed, but still kept seriousness in her tone. Sayaka and Kyoko quickly ran up, panting slightly. "A labyrinth is forming in the fountain." Mami explained, "We're going to have to get wet in order to enter. Kyoko could be seen rolling her eyes in annoyance.

Madoka went in first, but tried not to damp her outfit too much. Soon enough they were in. Everything around seemed to have an ocean-like vibe. No wraiths we're in sight yet so they started looking.

Ten minutes there were still. "Ugh where the hell are they!?" Sayaka complained. "Don't be so off guard, they could be hiding." Madoka reminded her. "Come out deadheads!!" Kyoko impatiently called out. Still no wraiths.

Suddenly, Homura jumped to the floor with an  bow and arrow in hand. Sayaka could be seen getting in a battle like position. "Homura? Is something wrong?" Madoka asked.

"There are no wraiths here, let's get straight to the point." Homura said firmly. "What do you mean?!" Mami demanded.

Homura pointed her bow and arrow at Nagisa. "It's time I kill this witch!" Her voice became angrier.

"Help!!" Nagisa cried out. "Homura, why are you doing this?" Madoka shuttered. Mami watched Homura like a hawk, "Put. It. Down."Kyoko held Homura's time shield so she couldn't use it. "I'm not a messy person Homura.. but you don't know things I might do if you try to kill her." Mami growled.

"Try me." Homura retorted.
Mami attempted to shoot her but she quickly dodged by kicking the bullets.

Nagisa was now on her knees, "M-Mami.. Please.."

Homura then shot out the arrow, aiming at her soul gem. "Stay away from her!!" Mami jumped in front of Nagisa and hit Mami's instead, breaking it.

Mami collapsed to the ground.