Chapter eleven

Homura's pov

Homura turned around and rushed back to where Mami was. I just.. couldn't do it.

Homura then placed Mami's soul gem next to her lifeless body. Life regained within Mami as she got up, breathing heavily, "Wh-What.. happened.." Homura stared down at Mami with cold, emotionless eyes. "I threw my soul gem and everything went black." Mami stuttered. Mami then got up and held Homura by the neck. "Did you do this!?" Mami demanded. Homura still kept her cold, emotionless eyes. "Are you becoming insane, Homura?!" Mami demanded angrily. Homura sighed and began, "I've already gone insane long ago."

Homura stared at her. Mami's eyes widened and she dropped Homura, she landed on two feet. Homura detransformed and left. "She makes me so pissed."  Mami muttered under her breath.

Homura entered her own hotel room. She looked at the floating pictures. They originally showed memories from past timelines, but now only a few new ones were shown. Until suddenly a low resolution image appeared, it had Homura still with her braided hair and Madoka was next to her. Both of them were smiling and looked so cheerful, but those small memories never existed in the first place.

A tear shed from Homura's eyes but then she quickly wiped it. "Madoka.." She murmured.

Kyubey walked through her walls, entering the room

Kyubey walked through her walls, entering the room. "You still think about her, don't you, Homura Akemi." Kyubey told her. Homura glared at him. "I don't understand the human concept of missing somebody else. Can't you just accept it?" Kyubey questioned. "That's because you've never felt it, you damn piece of crap!" Homura snapped as small tears came out of her eyes. Kyubey nodded and walked away.

The picture of her and Madoka faded away.

You will never remember me as I remember you.. Madoka.