Hola Casita - Part 33

It was finally finished. The last touches were added to Casita and the present was ready.

  Me and Pa went to retrieve it right before everyone went inside. We rushed back to Casita to hand the doorknob off to Pepa, who swiftly handed it to Antonio were all ready to give Mirabel her present.
  The cool air of the setting sun was cast all around us. I walked the side of the path till I reached Camilo's side.

"We need a doorknob." Bruno announced.

"We made this one for you." Antonio whispered.

"We see how bright you burn. We see how brave you've been." We sang collectively as Mira continued taking steps down Casita's path.

  Camilo grabbed my arm and leaned closer to my ear,

"I'm glad Mira is finally getting the spotlight she deserves."

I let out a giggle,

"Me too." I whispered back.

Señora Alma softly spoke to Mirabel. Saying words I couldn't quite make out but Mira's voice, full of tears, broke with every word.

"I see, all of me." She expressed faintly.

  The click of the doorknob being inserted into the empty door panel let out a loud click.
  Before I could even begin to comprehend what was going on I heard the windows creak.

"Hola, Casita." Mirabel sweetly replied.

  My jaw dropped wide open. I am in disbelief that this is happening. There's no way Casita is just alive again. What? Doorknob? Magic Doorknob?
  Was the real magic the friends we made along the way?
I continued to ponder before the floor was moved underneath me, rushing everyone inside.

  Music echoed through Casita's halls. I reached my hand out for a small ball of ice to land in it.

"Hail?" I questioned.

"From Mama." Camilo smiled.

"Oh! So your gifts are back?"

"Yep! And in full swing, everyone is dancing! Luisa is relaxing and Isabella is growing exotic plants everywhere. There's a smile on everyone's face." He proudly stated.

"I knew I could feel the happy energy radiating off of everyone."

"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"May I have this dance?"

The music got louder, the laughter coming from all around me. Yet none at all directed at me. They were happy. Casita was happy. The Madrigals are happy even if for just this moment.

I cleared my throat before stretching out my hand,

"You may, servant boy." I tilted my head upwards with my nose facing the ceiling.

  Camilo started cracking up before placing his hand in mine. We danced and danced, for as long as the music played we continued to celebrate.
  For this was a day to celebrate! We did it! Well we did a lot of things, but it all turned out good in the end.

  I let my mind start to wonder again at all the things that have happened and just how lucky we all are to know each other. How happy I am that I met the Madrigals.

"Y/N? You ok?" Camilo asked.

"Yeah. Yeah! I'm fine! You?"

"Here, let's stop dancing. I want to take you somewhere."

"Oh, alright then!"

  He released his grasp from my other hand and clasped my current one. He held my hand tightly guiding me around Casita.

"May I ask where we're going?"

The music grew slightly more distant.
"It's a surprise! Wink."

"Did you just say wink?"

"Yeah? What was I supposed to do? Bring your hands up to my face so you could feel that one eye was closing?"

"I guess you make a fair point but I just- that's so cheesy."

"You're cheesy." He pouted before blowing a raspberry. I laughed at his antics like I normally do.

"Here we are."

  He brought his other hand down my arm and into my palm. Holding both of my hands, I felt the cold air on my skin. That very cold was slowly being met with heat.

"The sunrise." I gasped in awe.

"Y/N, you mean a lot to me. Like a TON to me and when I thought you were gone I- I know I've already said it, but there were so many things I wanted to tell you. So many things I wanted to experience with you. So many more dates to go on. So many more dinners to eat together."

I felt my eyes starting to tear up.

"The- My point is that you are very important to me and I have really enjoyed our time together," he tightened his grip on my hands before bringing them up between us with force, "Whatimtryingtosayiswillyougooutwithme?"

  He said it so fast I could barely catch it. His hands were shaking. I dropped my hands away from his and brought them up to his face.

"I was right, you are blushing."

"Yeah, obviously!" He shouted back.

"Of course I'll go out with you, Camilo. Nothing would make me happier than knowing that you were my boyfriend."

  Camilo jumped up and threw his arms around me. The hug tightened as we rocked back and forth.

"AH! IM SO HAPPY! I COULD SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOU- No! I will say the same about you, you are such a handsome guy and you're so pretty and nice and fun to talk to and fun to hang out with and I am so unbelievably happy to now have you as my boyfriend!"

"I'm so happy too!" I responded unable to wipe the smile off my face.

Camilo pulled away and wrapped my hands in his once more.

"Can I kiss you?"

-------
916 words