Silence - Part 18

It wasn't long before the two of us stopped laughing.

  "If you just willingly get in the water then this would be a lot easier." Camilo pouted.

  I shrugged in response, finally standing up from the spot the two of us had fallen into.

  "I will, but I'm not quite sure where the water is."

  "Oh, of course. Right this way." He sarcastically replied.

  Camilo grabbed onto my hand and started leading me over to the water. But when he stopped I did not and before I knew it the dirt beneath my feet was no longer there. I began to fall forward and as I tried to catch my bearings I only slipped more, the mud surrounding the bank was not the most suitable for accidentally falling into rivers.

  All of a sudden, my surroundings were nothing but the incredibly cold water. I continued to sink before pressing my feet on the rocks that sat towards the river's bottom. After boosting myself as much as I could I placed out my arms and started swimming up. I could feel the light sitting on my forehead as I reached my hand out of the cold. I was met with nothing more than a warm hand and a concerned voice.

"Y/N! Y/N? HEY! ARE YOU ALRIGHT? I'M SORRY! I'm sorry, please be okay." Camilo said in a panic.

"I'm alright, Madrigal. I can swim well enough not to drown." I spat out sitting up from the confines of his arms.

"And boy, am I glad you can. I'm sorry, I should've warned you that the bank stopped where it did."

"No worries, Camilo. I'm alright now, aren't I?" I giggled off softly.

"Yes, you are." A brief silence hung over us as the sun started setting.

"Hey, Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"What don't I know about you?"

"A lot." I chuckled, "But the same goes vice versa."

"Huh? You don't think you know much about me? What is there to know that you don't?"

"Don't sell yourself short, Milo. There's a ton to you and even more that I don't know about yet."

"Yet? That means you want to know, right?"

"I do. I want to know everything about you."

"I feel the same, Y/N."

"Then let's get to know each other more every single day!"

"Yeah! You know, you could start today."

"What is it you're wanting to know about?"

"Your biological family."

-------
405 words