A New Gift - Part 9

Camilo's Pov (Earlier in the day):

  Mama asked once I got home if I invited Y/N to the ceremony tomorrow. I lied to her, telling her I did. I'll do it soon, like tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up.

  I ran out of Casita after eating breakfast the next morning, trying to quickly get to Y/N's house. I saw him on his way to the marketplace the other day and caught a glimpse of the way they went. I made it to the fountain and went the way he went, I was left on a street. This is going to be difficult. I started knocking on each door, one door, two doors, three doors, four doors. Maybe I'm on the wrong street? I went up to the last door, slowly knocking to be greeted by Y/N's father. I brought my fist down towards my hips, letting out a small yes. Y/N's father chuckled, asking what it was I needed. We talked a bit before Y/N showed up. I invited the two of them to the ceremony and then left after a small conversation.
  Once back at Casita, mama asked many times where I went. That's when Abuella walked past me,

"Camilo, we need another José."
I quickly stood up and turned into José with a loud,

"JOSÉ!" Helping with hanging up the banner.

"Milo! Tonight's Toñito's ceremony and everyone needs to be doing their part! Tonight needs to BE PERFECT AND IT'S NOT PERFECT AND" Mama yelled out, a tornado forming around her.
"The flowers- you're tornadoing the flowers-" Pa yelled back at Mama.

  I slid around the corner before Isabela came in to replace the flowers. After helping out with decorations and trying to find a missing Antonio, it was almost time for the ceremony to start and I went back to my spot leaning on the railing at the top of the stairs waiting for when I needed to start greeting guests. Mama then walked by again telling me it was time to get started. I went down the stairs and to the front of Casita, greeting the guests coming in. Patting backs, giving hugs, shapeshifting into everyone that walks in.

"Cecilia, up top!" I shouted jumping in the air transforming into Cecilia before going back to myself as I hit the ground only to see Y/N in front of me.
  I couldn't stop staring at him, his H/L H/C hair now freshly cut, softly swaying in the breeze.

"Hello, Camilo!" Y/N said with a large smile on his face. Is he that happy to be talking to me? 

"Hey, Y/N! Glad you could make it!"

  I replied before admiring his outfit. His dark puffy shirt with ruffles detailing the sleeve and neck, but most importantly a new blindfold.

"Of course! Wouldn't miss it for the world."

  Y/N was basically glowing at this point, it felt like time had slowed to some degree.
  His new shiny black blindfold, reflecting every bit of light off of it. Causing there to be a constant shine from it's silky texture. That's when Y/N's father brought me out of my thoughts.

"We need to keep going, you can talk to Camilo after he finishes greeting everyone." Y/N nodded at his father before waving at me.
   I waved back, although it doesn't really do much. It's the thought that counts. I took one more glance at Y/N as he walked into Casita,
"no estabas bromeando." I muttered with a smile.

Y/N Pov (a few minutes earlier):

  As we got closer I realized just how many people were around.

"Goodness, is the whole town here?" I sarcastically laughed.

"Actually, mi hijo, the whole town probably is here." Pa said seriously.

"Really??"

"Yep."

  Hmm, as per usual that's a lot more people than I was expecting but I'm already here. That's when I heard that familiar voice once again.