Something New - Part 16

A/N: From this point onward I barely add any tw's at the top of chapters so be safe and remember what I mentioned would be in the story!

Camilo's POV:

  Well, that was a disaster. Everyone is freaking out trying to find Mirabel. I'm not allowed to leave because of the gifts acting up. This has never happened before, so why now? I tried to calm Mama down but I got zapped in the nose. Now I'm bored and alone in my room.
  If I had to guess, I would say the whole engagement thing isn't going to work out. I let out a sigh, everything is going wrong today. I got into an argument with Y/N too. His dad was also there at the engagement party so I guess I won't have to explain how bad that was to him, he made the right decision not wanting to go. It definitely wasn't boring, though. I can't believe I was able to hold back my laughter when Papa spat water all over Mariano. I chuckled to myself before taking in how quiet it is right now.
  "I'm so bored!" I groaned, falling backwards on my bed.
  I stretched my arms and legs out across the bed while staring at the ceiling. What should I do?
  I rolled my body from my bed and stepped outside my room. I grumbled in annoyance as I followed my feet wherever they were taking me. Once I had reached the bottom of the stairs, I decided to continue the search for Mirabel. At least if I find her maybe the grown ups can figure something out? Who knows? I continued down the halls of Casita calling out for Mirbel and after enough time I ended up right where I had started.
"Ugh, Mirabel? Mira-" I stopped for a second to take in what had happened, I knew the gifts were acting up but why right now? I cleared my throat and started again except now my voice is incredibly high and I have a literal baby face.
"MiiiiirrrrrrrAAABELLLLLL!" I yelled out.
  I continued forward a bit before I heard some giggling? I turned towards the stairs and started up them.
  I know I heard the laughter this way. I scanned my surroundings, looking left from right and right from left. Where did that noise come from? I guess I'll just give up on it, I shrugged. Someone else will find- did, did a door just shut? Up on this floor, but no one else was up here as far as I could see.

"Ok, now I'm getting scared." I say under my breath as I look at all the doors again.
  If my ears are right then it was near Isabela's door. I slowly started walking over, I took the tiniest steps I could. What if it was Bruno? And AND HE'S HERE TO FEAST ON MY SCREAMS! At this point, I think running away is a safe option. I mean what could go wrong with running away and there's nothing wrong with being afraid, right? I stopped in my tracks as I heard something behind me. Please don't be Bruno or a ghost or anything scary.

  I started to turn my head slowly WHEN A HAND HIT MY SHOULDER!!! I'M RUNNING, I'M GONE!
  I started sprinting but I wasn't looking where I was going at all and ran straight into the wall. Honestly, who even put a wall here? Whoever it was, I hope they know that they killed me. Goodbye everyone, it was nice knowing you.

"Camilo? Are you alright?" The voice said.

  Heyyyyy, wait a minute. I know that voice! It's Y/N! I opened my eyes and looked at the figure. Just as I had thought, Y/N stood right in front of me.

  Wait, that means he totally just saw me freaking out and thinking he was a ghost. This day couldn't get any worse.

Y/N POV:

  Why was he running? Did something scare him? Probably me. I'm not really supposed to be here and I'm sure if anyone else in the Madrigal family found me they would immediately escort me home because of the situation.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I waved my hand in front of me.

"Y-Yeah! Hey, Y/N! What are you- wait yeah, why are you here?"

  I was dreading this question. I can't just respond with what happened and throw everyone under the bus. Either way, who would believe me if I said I was helping your cousin and uncle, who you haven't seen in years, give a future reading so they can save your weird magic candle by giving hugs to sisters.

"Oh, ya know, just stuff!" I blurted out in a panic.

"Very specific." Camilo deadpanned back before taking a breath, "I'm actually really glad to see you."

  I could hear his loud grin, what a nice sound. I truly had missed it.

"Why's that?"

  Without a response, Camilo grabbed my hand and started pulling me alongside him. This unpredictable nature is something I did not miss as much. In a way I suppose it's something that makes Camilo, well Camilo. I'll just continue trying my best to follow along with the sounds of his footsteps and the direction he's pulling me.

  His hand is intertwined with mine. This is different, it's not just hands on my wrists this time. His hand is in mine. His soft palms resting with mine, calloused fingers resting on my knuckles, playful snickers as he pulls me wherever we're going.

  Why does everything feel different all the sudden?

  I feel so happy. My cheeks are burning but a soft smile rests on my face. I can't help but smile. Why am I so happy all of a sudden?

  I can't figure this out. He's held my hand, sort of, before. Why am I freaking out? We've called each other nicknames! We've had breakfast together! We've shared a night watching the sunset! I've listened to him play the ukulele! I've scared him shitless in his own house, twice! He's even carried me up the stairs and then we danced together. He taught me how to dance. We've gotten into an argument, we've shared so many memories. We've done so much.

  Yet, being hand in hand with him while he's pulling me around is the thing that makes me feel all giddy.

  I feel elated, like I'm glowing.

-------
1040 words