Preparing for a Ceremony - Part 8

Pa gently rolled the covers off of me, hoping that would wake me up. When it did not he jumped on my bed saying,

"Y/N! Up and at em'! We have things to do! And a ceremony later!"

I slowly rolled over and groaned not wanting to be up but sitting up on the bed, turning to put my feet on the floor.

"Good morning!"

"good morning," I groggily replied.

"What's so important that I have to be up right this second." I groaned.

Pa just laughed in response before helping me up.

"Well, the first thing is that breakfast is done and I don't want you having a cold breakfast." He said, poking my shoulder then continued, "next we have to prepare for the ceremony!"

"Isn't the ceremony later? I felt the sun on my bed meaning it is way too early to be doing things for a ceremony that starts at sunset."

"Well, we aren't helping with the ceremony or anything but we are going to go and get you something nice to wear!"

"Huh? No, I'm fine. I'll just wear what I normally do." I sighed before sitting down in the kitchen.

"No you won't, young man. We are going to get you something nice to wear and how's your hair feeling?"

"Well, I guess it's a little longer than I'd like it." I felt how far down my hair was getting and nodded, "definitely longer than I want it to be."

"Great then you are getting a brand new outfit, a brand new haircut, and if you're willing, a new blindfold to go with that outfit."

I smiled to myself at his last statement. A new blindfold would be nice and I can still keep this one that mama gave me, just not wear it as much.

"I am willing to try a new blindfold to go with this outfit you speak about."

"Alright then, robot number 2103, we shall go onwards to the market place after enjoying our sustenance." Pa said with no emotion, mocking my last statement.

  A few small chuckles turned into a laughing attack for both me and Pa but slowly we started eating our breakfast. We shared a few small conversations about random things, butterflies, old friends, older times. A lot of reminiscing on when I was younger at the table this morning. Pa picked up both of our plates and washed them before telling me to get dressed for a day out in the market. I swiftly went to my room, opening my wardrobe. I grabbed another button up and some pants, the same thing I wear almost everyday. I felt around for my shoes before finding them and sliding them on. I went back to the living room to hear Pa talking with someone, I stepped a bit closer to hear Camilo? I walked up to Pa and poked his shoulder.

"Ah, there he is!" Pa smiled, patting my shoulder and pushing me forwards.

"Wah-" left my mouth before I could process anything. I was so confused by the sudden push, I put my hands out to catch myself before quickly realizing Camilo was right in front of me.
   My hands were placed on his shoulders. Camilo, on the other hand, must have also thought I was going to fall as one of his hands were gently hovering beside my waist as the other held my elbow. We both jumped back in unison apologizing profusely. After a shaky breath, Camilo started to talk.

"Haha- A-Anyways I uh- wanted to come here to formally invite you to Anontio's ceremony tonight!" He said his voice moving downwards, I assume taking a bow? I smiled at that thought, what a silly little guy.
I started to take a bow as well,

"I would be delighted to attend such a ceremony, good sir. Thank you for the invitation."

  Camilo stifled his laugh as did Pa. That's when Pa patted my head saying,