25> We meet again

-We meet again-

"Alright, the meeting ended here," The chairman announced. A female secretary entered the board room, walked up to him and whispered somthing in his ears.

The man look pleased, "Ah, just about time! Please ask her to come in," He ordered before gathering everyone attention once again. "Excuse me. Just a minute please, I want to introduce you to our new colleague."

The door opened. A woman stepped in. All eyes were on hers. Some were whispering and some were just stood unreactive.

"Welcome, Dr Erika Kim! I've been expecting you," said the chairman. Taeyeon shook hand with the Head of Surgical Department, Proffesor Park.

"Thank you Prof. I'm glad to be here too." From the reaction she observed from the people in the board room, she could make up that some people maybe do not welcome her there but not that she care about all those people. Her eyes fell on one of the woman in the room that she never thought of seeing her again. The first person her eyes landed on to when she stepped into the board room. At that time the woman was looking back at her as well, looking rather surprise seeing her but she couldn't make out what the other was thinking at that moment.

Taeyeon couldn't control her heart when it thumped louder and faster. Tiffany didn't change much compared to a one year ago when the last time she saw her. Maybe only her hair was slightly more reddish.

Her trance was suddenly broken by a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see an Indian doctor greeted her, "Hai I'm Shekar from neurosurgical department. I'm glad to have you in our team."

They shook hand, "Nice to meet you, but I think you are mistaken. I'm here not as a neurosurgeon."

Taeyeon's answers made the doctor raised his eyebrows. She continued, "I'm here just as a general surgeon."

"Why? It would be a waste if your talent and experience is not put in use here." Prof Shekar wondered.

Taeyeon curved small smile at the compliment, "It's a part of the order from medical council that I only allow to do general surgery instead of my subspecialties. And I'm fine with it."

"Alright, if that's the reason, I understand. But I hope you can give us a hand once a while."

"Sure."

Taeyeon greeted other doctors but her eyes kept on moving to where Tiffany was. She wasn't sure what she should do? Should she greeted her? How Tiffany will react when meeting her?

Moving from one person to another, she noticed Tiffany was hurriedly walking towards the door. Taeyeon quickly excuse herself and heading towards the same direction. Just when Tiffany's hand touched the door handle, Taeyeon stepped in front her.

"Hai, I'm Erika Kim. Nice to meet you," Taeyeon gave a big smile and offered her hand. She was feeling nervous when Tiffany didn't react to her but after a second the woman grabbed her hand.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Tiffany Hwang."

The second when Tiffany's hand touched hers, she felt electricity going through her body. Taeyeon froze and not able to say anything back. Before her mind could process what's next, Tiffany had pulled her hand and let herself out of the board room.

"This can't be happening..." Tiffany she didn't look at where she was going and bumped on Lee Donghae, a doctor in neurosurgical team.

"Tiffany-ssi? What's the rush? Are you ok?" he noted the woman's face look pale.

"I'm sorry... I'm fine, just feeling tired," Tiffany took a glance behind her and saw some doctors were coming out of the board room as well. "Please excuse me." She quickly headed to the washroom. Once inside, she locked the door and let out a heavy breath. Putting her palm on her left chest, she could feel her heart was beating so fast.