Cuddles between "Friends"

"I don't exactly have a bed. Or a house. So, I'll sleep on the floor and you can have the couch I usually sleep on," he confessed.

"Oh no, I couldn't make you sleep on the floor. You can have the couch," you reply. 

"You're the guest. That would be bad hospitality. You're sleeping on the couch, darling," he demanded.

Something about the way he said darling made your heart flutter. He noticed that, making him smile really wide. 

"How about we both sleep on the couch?" you suggest. 

"You'd- You'd want t-to be close to me?" he asks, his eyes lighting up.

"Sure. Good friends give each other cuddles all the time," you claim. 

You wanted to know if he really liked you, or just was excited he had a new friend. 

"Yeah, good friends," he sighed, the smile dropping. 

That's all you needed to know. He was totally into you. He hated the thought of you both being just friends. And you sort of hated that thought too. You decided you were going to ask him about it in the morning. 

"I'm getting pretty tired," you fake yawn. 

You wanted to get to bed as soon as possible so that you could be in his protecting grasp. 

"Me too, it is pretty late-" he admits. 

"I'm so tired I don't even feel like I can walk," you joke.

He comes over to your chair and picks you up. His big arms cradled you against his chest. Your faces were so close to each other, closer than they ever had been. 

"Is this ok?" he questions.

"Yeah, I like it," you assure.

He looked like he wanted to say something, but he was just too flustered. He would've put his hands in his face if he knew that he wouldn't drop you.  You thought he looked absolutely stunning. It almost made you feel a little sick when you thought about how cute he was. You had to keep telling yourself that you can't get into another relationship. But he just felt so right to be with. This whole day has been one of the best days of your life. Maybe if you make your move, it can stay that way.

On the couch, you laid down across it. Your head just happened to fall right into his lap. Carefully, he put his hand on your shoulder. This time, you actually yawned. Eddie pulled a blanket over you and made sure you were comfortable. 

"Sleep well, neighbor," he cooed. 

"Same to you, cutie," you say in-between yawns. 

You fall sound asleep with your head in his lap.