The party

"Do I look ok?" you ask Eddie.

You were both about to go to Wally's party, but you felt nervous. Especially since you and him were still on the fence on dating each other or not. 

"You look great, darling. Don't forget your keys this time," he giggled. 

He opened the door for you and you swiftly moved through, grabbing his hand on the way out. None of the other neighbors knew that he was staying at your house at night, and you'd like to keep it that way. The last thing that you want is to start drama just over a silly little relationship. Wally's house was in the middle of the neighborhood, so it wasn't much of a walk. The party was just for fun, with no real reason for having it. They seemed to have these a lot, because no one was really surprised that there was a party. 

"Ah, Eddie and Y/N, nice to have you! Also, Eddie, I added those songs you wanted me to add to the playlist," Wally smirked.

"Thanks," he whispered.

That was odd. Especially because Eddie literally never whispers about anything. The whole house was decorated in pink. You could tell Julie  decorated because of all the hearts around the room. When she noticed you, she ran up and gave you a big hug.

"Nice to see you! We haven't talked in a while!" she spoke. 

"I know, I've been busy trying to decorate my house," I lied.

"Yeah, with Eddie," Frank remarked. 

"Frank, I caught a butterfly for you! It's a green swallowtail," you exclaim, pulling out a jar from your bag.

"Oh wow, this one is really pretty! Thank you," he examined.

Frank placed it on a bookshelf in Home. You figured he would pick it up before he left. You turned around to talk to Eddie, like always, but he wasn't there. It didn't bother you too bad, but you still felt a little lost without him by your side. You, Frank, and Julie sat down and looked at books that Wally had sitting on a table by his couch. Frank, of course, made you both read his butterfly book that ya'll read every. single. time. Wally came in and sat on the floor in front of you. 

"Neighbor, you live by Howdy's, right?" he asks.

"Yes?" you answered. 

"You see him making deliveries, right?" Wally inquires. 

"If you're trying to get me to get you apples for free, you're not getting them," you laugh.

"Aw man, worth a try though," he sighs jokingly. 

"Bud, stop trying to commit fraud," Barnaby scolded in disappointment. 

All of you laughed together, even Frank. Everyone seemed here, except Eddie, Howdy, and Sally. Something was going on behind your back, because if Wally isn't harassing Howdy, there must be a great force acting upon him. Your face sort of became monotone, with no emotions. You don't like surprises, and this is raising the suspicion of one. The other noticed you were worried, and proceeded to make the most efforts to get you to not think about it. 

"I'll put some music!" Julie hurriedly said.

"Would you like a slice of pie?" Poppy offered. 

"Sure," you reckoned. 

No matter what they tried to do, you were still worried about the situation. It wasn't until you and Eddie's favorite song came on that you realized what was happening.