The love letter

When you woke up, you didn't feel Eddie underneath you. Instead, a very soft pillow was placed where his legs were. A note and a small origami butterfly was placed on the ground beside you. Your eyes still hurt from being asleep, but you were able to read it. 

"Dear Y/n, 

I had to deliver mail for today, so I had to leave a little early. I would've woke you up, but you looked very peaceful sleeping. I didn't want to disturb you. You can wait on me to walk you back home if you would like, but no pressure. I'm sure you're ready to go home by now. I had a great time with you yesterday. We should do that again. I know my friend Wally is throwing a party in a couple days, so I was wondering if you might want to go to that with me? I really enjoy spending time with you. Stay at the office as long as you need to, ok? See you later!

                                                                                                 love, 

                                                                                                     Eddie <3"

You clutched the note close to your chest. He was so kind. You also wondered how he managed to get up off of the couch, write a letter, and not wake you up. He probably put all his effort in to making sure you were able to stay asleep. Your heart melted at that thought. You got up and started to look around. You saw a folded up piece of paper. You felt a little nosy, put you decided to read it. The note had a lot of scribbled-over words, almost in the form of a letter. Little hearts were wrote around words. 

This was his confession letter. He planned on giving this to you, but he didn't know what to say. The only words you could make out were "I love you". You got a boost of confidence. It gave you comfort of mind that a darling like him could love someone as cute as you. You heard the doors to the building open. You rush up to the counter. There was Eddie, looking straight at you and holding a flower in his hand.

"You're awake! How did you sleep?" he asks, coming and resting his arms on the countertop. 

"Pretty good. I missed being able to see you when I woke up though," you admit.

"You probably look really cute when you first wake up," he mumbles. "Oh, I saw this flower while I was walking, and I thought it looked really pretty. I just wanted to share it with you. Also, I-I have something to tell you."

He hands you the flower. It smelt really sweet, like he was. He was just as pretty. 

"I have something to tell you, too," you giggle. 

"What might that be?" he questions.

You prop up your face right in front of him on the counter.

"You go first," you taunt.

"Fine, if you insist. I sorta kinda might like you. Like, a lot. It really makes me happy to be around you," he confesses, not making eye contact.

"Well, I was going to say that you make me feel feelings that I've never had for anyone else before, so i guess were on the same page," you laugh. 

You place a hand on his cheek. This startled him at first, but then he placed his hand on top of yours. 

"Gosh, you're really pretty/handsome," he swoons.

"I could say the same about you," you compliment. 

You both spend the rest of the day cuddling and listening to the radio. You never even go home. You spend another night falling asleep in his arms.