"My Dear"

My leg bounced uncontrollably. Julie looked at me worriedly.

"Nothing is wrong, Y/N. You're my friend, right? Look at me, everything is ok," Julie comforted.

Frank turned his head, then surprisingly, he jumped up off the couch. This confused you a lot, until someone else got on the couch and gave you a big hug. It was Eddie, in a dark blue suit, with a big bouquet of flowers. 

"Hi, darlin," he said, lovingly looking into your eyes. 

"Uhm, hi," you giggled. 

All of the neighbors around you looked very excited. You were very unsure of what was going to happen next. 

He took a deep breath, "Y/N, ever since I saw you that fateful Tuesday morning, I thought you were the most handsome/beautiful person I had ever seen. And after spending my nights and days with you, I'm convinced you are. You make me feel a kind of happiness that I have never experienced before."

He looked around for a bit, then Sally motioned for him to check his coat pocket.

"Oh, yeah, silly me," he cheerfully mumbles. 

He pulls out a small, painted wooden box. It had puffy stickers, glitter glue, and star jewels on it. All of it reminded you of his creative personality. Opening it, you could see a shine of silver/gold/rose gold. Two pairs of metal rings with flowers and tiny jewels around them sat on some pink Easter grass. 

"Will you be my partner/girlfriend/boyfriend?" he asked, holding the box up to you.

You clasped and hand over your mouth in shock. This was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for you. Your eyes filled with tears.

"No, don't cry baby, I'm sorry," he consoled, sitting the box down and pulling you close to him. 

You hugged him back, bawling your eyes out. 

"They're happy tears, I promise," you sniffle. 

"Really?" he says in response.

"Of course," you laugh, wiping your face.

"What's the verdict?" Julie yells from the kitchen.

Your brain pauses for a minute. You didn't know what to say.

"I- I-" you stutter, trying to regain your thoughts. 

"Take your time, my dear. I'll be here forever," he admired.

"I would love to be-" you beamed.

Eddie starts to tear up also. 

"Aw shucks, now I'm crying too," he laughs. "It's gonna mess up my eyeliner."

"You look handsome no matter what, Dear," you say. 

You both laugh and hold each other in your arms. 

"See, Eddie? I told you this would work!" Sally exclaims. 

You both put on the promise rings. The rest of the night is spent dancing with the radio playing with your new boyfriend.