The letter

Ever since you were handed the pink envelope, you've wanted to see what was inside. But another part of you took over that told you not to open it. You decided to forget about it and put it on the countertop before you went outside. It was starting to get sort of dark. Then, you looked at the mailbox. All you could think about was the letter.  

You casually walked inside. The letter clashed against the grey countertop, screaming at you to open it. Taking baby steps, you walked over to it and grabbed it. It was very light, and nothing was on the outside except for a heart sticker sealing the flap. You carefully un-stuck it, making sure not to rip anything. Inside was a piece of paper, folded up perfectly. You took it out and read it.

"Dear new neighbor, 

Hi! My name is Eddie. Hopefully you're enjoying your new residency here in Home. It is a awfully nice neighborhood. I am the mailman, and my office is only a house away. I saw you drinking coffee this morning and thought I would invite you to come drink coffee with me and my two best friends, Julie and Frank. We would love to have you. Meet me at the post office at 9:00 and I'll walk you to Julie's house. Hope to see you there!

                                                                               With Love, 

                                                                                                  Eddie Dear 

(P.s. If you ever need help gardening, I would love to help you! I love flowers!)"

Something about the fact that he said with love made your heart feel warm. He was so kind, even if you did try to kill him not two hours ago. You hadn't even gotten his name yet, and he had already wrote this letter for you. He sure does say love a lot. That sent off red flags in your brain, especially because you weren't trying to get into a relationship. Your last one was terrible, and you can't go through that emotional trauma again. Just friends, you had to keep telling yourself. How could someone as cute as him care for you anyways? 

You went into your closet and picked out a colorful outfit for tomorrow morning, hoping to meet the town's standards. A̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶.̶  You were prepared for whatever tomorrow may throw at you. Or so you thought-