Butterflies

You were definitely going to be late. It was already 9:50 and you were still doing your makeup. After redoing your eyeliner twice, you decided it was good enough and went out the door, locking the door on the inside as you went. It was pretty chilly outside in the shade, but the sun provided lots of warmth that made you feel happier. 

The post office had a mail flag flying high in the air, which made it hard to miss. You loved the rainbow color scheme on the outside, it reminded you of a hot summer day. And then there was Eddie. He was locking the door to the building. He looked a little sad, but once he noticed you his face lit up. He started waving at you profusely. You shyly waved back, and walked up to him. 

"You made it! I'm so very glad!" He beamed, pulling you in for a big hug.

You weren't expecting it, but it was very much appreciated. It felt like the whole sun had wrapped it's rays around you. Also, he was so much taller than you that he picked you up off of the ground. 

"Wow, you're really strong," you commented. 

"Thanks! When you walk the whole neighborhood every day for the past 6 years, I guess that makes you pretty strong," he laughed. "Julie's house is just across the way there. You ready to go?"

"Yeah, just sort of nervous," you confessed.

"Oh don't be! Julie is the nicest person I know! And Frank can be a little tough at first, but they're great to talk to once you get to know them," he explained.

"Well, that's nice to hear. How long have you been friends?" you ask.

"I guess as long as I've been here. So, 6 years! When did you move here? I saw them building your house, but I wasn't sure who was moving in. I'm glad we got such a pretty neighbor~" he claimed, twirling his short hair around his fingers. 

"You really think so?" you questioned.

"Uh... yeah! I hope you don't mind," he responds. 

"Not at all. I think you're very pretty too!" you compliment. 

"A- t-thank y-you!" He stutters, his light orange skin tone on his face turning pink.

We arrive at a red house with a white roof. It's theme was hearts, with heart shutters, bushes, and trees. It was very cute and smoke was rising from the chimney. 

"This is it. Ready to go inside?" he asks. 

"Yeah. I'm still nervous though," you sigh.

"You want to hold my hand? I know having someone there for me always makes me less nervous," he held out his big hands to you 

You took them. Your face got warmer and his got redder. There was no denying the fact that you were both totally into each other. You just didn't know him yet. But you wanted to. Oh lord, You wanted to know him so bad.