No keys

"I sure am glad I left my umbrella at Julie's, or otherwise we would both be soaking wet," Eddie laughed.

He was holding the umbrella high above the both of you. Since it wasn't very big, you both were pushed up against each other, trying to get some shelter from the rain. It was a little chilly out too, so he had put his arm around you in an effort to try to keep you warm. 

You tried to open the door to your house, but it was locked. You rummaged around the your pant/skirt pockets and noticed they were empty. You left your keys inside. 

"Uhm, Eddie, we have a problem," you say, turning to him.

He insisted on staying till you got inside safely. 

"Yeah?" he responded. 

"I'm locked out. My keys are inside," you sigh.

"No worries! We can always stay at the office till it quits raining. Then, we can find a way to get inside. But we do need to get inside. You might catch a cold," he announced. 

A flash of white light blinded you, followed with a boom of thunder. You both made a run for it back to the office, considering it wasn't too far. Eddie hurriedly grabbed his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door. Your Mary janes/ boots were soaked with water and almost made you slip on the tile floor in the office. 

"Oh, you can take those off. We wouldn't want your feet to be wet," he spoke. 

You took off your shoes and sat them by the door. Eddie gave you a coat. 

"You look pretty cold. Care to help me sort some mail?" he offered. 

"Sure!" you reply. 

You both were in the back of the mail room, packing his mail bag for tomorrow. There was one letter left, so you reached out to grab it. So did he, laying his hand on top of yours. You both looked at each other, feeling a lot warmer now that his hand was on yours. You giggled and put the letter in his bag. 

"Thank you for helpin' me. I know it isn't a lot of work with such a small neighborhood, but it still can get overwhelming," he confessed. 

"Of course, anytime," you reassure. 

His eyes were dazzling, looking more and more in love every time you opened your mouth. The rain was getting even more heavy outside. 

"I don't think you'll be able to go home tonight. The rain is really coming down. That is, if you don't mind. I don't want to hold you here against your will or anything," he protests.

"I don't mind at all. I was actually going to ask you if I could stay," you admit. 

"Y-you wa-nt t-to s-stay with m-m-me?" he stuttered.

His face got bright red and his speech got slurred. He definitely liked you. And maybe it wouldn't be the worst decision to like him back.