Chapter 2: Fighting

General POV

Andy and Alex were on opposite ends of the battlefield, Andy standing on Akagi's flight deck and looking at his projector which could double as a communication device as Dave explained the rules. 

Dave: "Alright, now that you are both deployed, I can explain the rules of combat."  he said, "Now, the rules are simple; First Rule, you 2 are allowed into combat, this may mean manning an AA gun, flying a plane, or, as Andy once demonstrated, ramming a kansen with your personal ship....yes that actually happened and it was hilarious."

Andy chuckled remembering the day he rammed Allen M Summer with the Irwin during an exercise, it became a running gag that if the Irwin was out and about, it was gonna ram someone. 

Dave: "Rule 2, no live ammo. Self Explanatory." he continued, "Another self explanatory rule is Rule 3; Once the health bar hits 0, you must surrender, that goes for you Johnston."

Johnston: "FUCK YOU!!!" she yelled from the shore. 

Dave: "And last rule, no kamikazes, save that for actual battles." he said, "But other than all of that, have fun killing each other." 

Akagi: "Gladly." she grinned. 

Cleveland: "LET'S TURN AND BURN GIRLS!!" she yelled. 

Antonio Luna: "That's my line Clevebro." she said. 

Cleveland: "Don't call me that Antonio!" she shot back.

Antonio Luna: "DON'T CALL ME THAT!!" she yelled. 

Graf Spee: "No fighting." she said simply. 

Arizona: "I'll carry my weight around, you'll see." she said, confidently. 

On the other side of the battlefield Missouri felt a little....unsure with herself, she was fighting the ship that she had been named the guardian of. Baltimore noticed the Iowa's conflicted gaze and pulled up alongside. 

Baltimore: "You ok Missouri?" she asked, "You look a lil blue." 

Missouri: "Hm? Oh, it's nothing Baltimore...just nervous about going up against Arizona is all..." she said, 'Fragile thing, probably can't hold her own in battles.'

Baltimore: "Ah, I see." she said, understandingly.

Prinz Eugen: "If it helps, little Laffey looks a little nervous against the Luna." she said.

Laffey: "...." she didn't reply...in fact she was actually sleeping standing up.

Bismarck: "Cut the chatter, the match is about to begin." she ordered. 

Baltimore nodded and got back into position. On the speakers Dave began to count down. 

Dave: "5.....4..." he started.

Breaches slammed shut.

Dave: "3...2..." he continued. 

Planes got ready to fly.

Dave: "....1...go get em!" he yelled.

The vanguard girls roared forward and the carriers launched fighters as Andy hopped onto one of Akagi's AA guns. As this happened he heard his radio come to life

Graf Spee: "Kommandant, orders?" she asked. 

Andy: "Ok; Spee, Cleveland; pick off Baltimore and Eugen one at a time, Luna; deal with Laffey using your missiles, Akagi and Kaga target Bismarck and Zeppelin, if you have spares get after Missouri, Arizona back up the carriers." he ordered.

Azurजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें